Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Alternate Sources?

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:54 pm

I don't know if this is a PM worthy question only, or if its got some merit on the main forum - but after I got that LAST set of windows a few days ago. I'm kind of interested in some alternate audience or soundboard tape sources.

Because I'm about to creat the Ultimate . . . thing you hang on windows. Non-profit, of course.

We all know the May 3, 1977 show has been released a few times with the same tape. However, its missing Early Morning Rain and comes back during Tutt's solo. The same with the new soundboard starts at the first bars of That's All Right already sung, and ends after Polk Salad Annie. Is there a version where Early Morning Rain is complete, because it sounds like a cool opening and then it just goes pft...

Same with Riot In Charolotte (sic) for Feb 21, 1977. It has some clips during the band intros. Is there a more complete course around.

(As an aside, I have to ask if the crashed train released Feb 21, 1977 from a remasted "Moody Blue and other great performances," why didn't they splice "Can't Help Falling In Love" from Cajun Tornando (sic) at the end? Would have saved me time of now having to do it.)

And does anybody know if there is an audience recording of June 21. I still like to know how Can't Help Falling in Love ends . . . since our hobo friends edited the end of the 19th version yet again. You'd think when a poor version of the 19th showed up, someone would have traded for the 21st years ago. Although, maybe CBS security caught the cassette tape recorders for that show.

I'd probably add Ann Arbor and Kalamazoo to my Ultimate Collection - is the Great Lakes CD worth getting for Love Me and Hound Dog from April 24?

Re: Alternate Sources?

Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:13 am

Unfortunately there are not more complete AR sources of 3.5.77 and 21.2.77..
But I thought that the intros of Riot In Charlotte are complete..where are they clipped..?

NO AR of 21.6.77...sorry..

Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:30 am

Ciscoking wrote:Unfortunately there are not more complete AR sources of 3.5.77 and 21.2.77..
But I thought that the intros of Riot In Charlotte are complete..where are they clipped..?

NO AR of 21.6.77...sorry..

My cassette copy clipped it during Early Morning Rain on Riot, but I'll relisten to it on the site.

Thanks Cisco.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:26 pm

EMR is complete on Riot In Charlotte..the show is almost complete..the intros of the Stamps are shortened and the closing vamp is faded out..