Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

The Tenth Of Never ..new Touchdown

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:11 pm

Audience recordings from Las Vegas Decmber 10, 1976 DS and MS

CD 1- Dinner Show
Also Sprach Zarathusra - See See Rider - I Got A Woman/Amen - Love Me - All Shook Up - Teddy Bear/ Dont Be Cruel - You Gave Me A Mountain - Jailhouse Rock - O Sole Mio/ lts Now Or Never - Blue Christmas - Thats All Right - Softly As I Leave You - Are You Lonesome Tonight - Steamroller Blues - Band lntroductions - Early Morning Rain - What'd I Say - Johnny B Goode - Drum Solo - Bass Solo - Piano Solo - Electric Piano Solo - Love Letters - School Day - Hurt - Hawaiian Wedding Song - Can't Help Falling In Love/Closing Vamp

CD 2 - Midnight Show
Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - I Got A Woman/Amen - Love Me - lf You Love Me (Let Me Know) - You Gave Me A Mountain - Sweet Sweet Spirit (feat. The Stamps Quartet) - Why Me Lord - Jailhouse Rock - lts Now Or Never - Polk Salad Annie - Band lntroductions - Early Morning Rain (complete version) - What'd I Say - Johnny B Goode - Drum Solo - Bass Solo - Piano Solo - Electric Piano Solo - Love Letters - School Day - Hurt - Danny Boy (feat. S. Nielsen) - Walk With Me (feat. S. Nielsen) - Hawaiian Wedding Song - Can't Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp

Source. elvisnews.com

Re: The Tenth Of Never ..new Touchdown

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:42 pm

Hey Cisco

Will this happen or will FTD release them first lol.

Chris

Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:22 am

It`ll happen,..I am sure..lol..

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:43 am

I got it a few days ago and must admit that I do think that the sound on both CDs is better than on "Love Letters From Nevada".

Unfortunately that doesn't go for the shows, but they're both entertaining and interesting and by far better than those - to say the least - mediocre shows between December 5 and 9. The dinner show is certainly highlighted by a good "Steamroller Blues" which was a request from someone in the audience. There are also good versions of "That's All Right, Mama" and "Blue Christmas". Even "Are You Lonesome Tonight" could have been a nice version, if it hadn't been trashed by Hodge once more.
The midnight show has its moments too, for example a complete sung version of "Early Morning Rain" and a straight version of "Polk Salad Annie". It's the show where Elvis told the audience that he won't sing "Steamroller Blues" ever again. Throughout a microphone check caused by the new sound system the Stamps did "Sweet Sweet Spirit".

The booklet includes some good and rare pictures in very good quality. Both CDs are picture discs. The linernotes are well written.
The shows are hardly earth-shattering, but all in all do I say that Touchdown offer a nice product that can be recommended.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:08 pm

The artwork of THE TENTH OF NEVER looks good, the liner notes are well written and the sound is quite good, considering that it was recorded from the audience.

During the dinner show Elvis focused on the oldies, but he also sang a good version of STEAMROLLER BLUES. During the midnight show Elvis took a lot of breaks, had the Stamps sing 1.5 songs and Shaun Nielsen did another two. But nevertheless the King sang well and performed a complete version of EARLY MORNING RAIN.

Both shows are not the greatest, but still quite entertaining.