Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Dec 27-31, 1976 tour

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:02 am

You've done a lot of collecting, Cisco. Do you think we'll ever find other fans from either the Witcha or Altanta shows, or soundboards from those shows?

I mean I obtained a cassette of the Witcha show from Paul S. eons ago, and it sounded like a person had wrapped his tape recorder in a blanket. I'm guessing that's what your version sounds like too. The sad part is, even in horrible sound and it still sounded like an enjoyable concert. You've listened to your version, would you agree the first Unchained Melody is unique? I know its not perfect, but it just sounds fun on tape I have and the non-high note ending just seem to fit the song better. Wish it appears in better quality someday.

The other show is the December 30, 1976 Altanta show. A incomplete 8mm floats around, and apparently there was a full 70 minute version of the show in really, really bad sound - but that's it. Kind of sad (albeit in a good way) we get soundboards of Dallas and Birmingham, but nothing from Altanta. Another show, that just seemed like a great show - maybe better than Pittsburgh, and no complete record exists. (In good quality at least)

Re: Dec 27-31, 1976 tour

Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:41 pm

A release of the Atlanta show, even if its an audience recording would be a dream come true, especially if from a label like straight arrow, my god! :smt004
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:36 pm

Wichita and Atlanta are fantastic concerts and yes..if we had them in proper sound they`d stand in a row with Pittsburgh,..especially Atlanta.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Wasn't Wichita considered for release on the 25th anniversary box by Joan Deary?
I read that years ago but no further information is available.

My best guess is that Atlanta is in the hands of the same person who probably has Pittsburgh.
It is weird that Atlanta wasn't properly recorded by an audience member..
But maybe somebody did and it's gathering dust somewhere in an anonymous home in Georgia :wink:

The 8mm footage is nice though.
There must be another angle somewhere in better quality as a snippet was seen in (as I remember correctly) Charlies video.

I posted a screen grab some time ago..

Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Robert wrote:My best guess is that Atlanta is in the hands of the same person who probably has Pittsburgh.

Robert, what makes you think that..? And...you are speaking of AR or SB..?

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:04 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
Robert wrote:My best guess is that Atlanta is in the hands of the same person who probably has Pittsburgh.

Robert, what makes you think that..? And...you are speaking of AR or SB..?

SB, FTD obviously tried to obtain them, but failed so far..
The person is well known, has been discussed before.. but he admitted he has special ones in his possession.

But we have a brand new year coming up, so who knows :wink:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:10 pm

I think I know who you mean..