Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Rare 1969 Vegas Cuts

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:13 pm

This past weekend while browsing the net, I stumbled upon some information listing a CDR containing some
very rare recordings from the '69 International stand. They are supposedly either from The 27th or the 28th
and are a full "One Night", a full "Love Me" a partial "Loving You" sung as a complete performance and Elvis humming
several bars of "It's Now or Never".
I would be very anxious to find the authenticity of these actually being from 1969. Anyone? Cisco?

Nikki

Re: Rare 1969 Vegas Cuts

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:30 pm

I know these tracks and reportedly they indeed stem August 27/28, 1969..I can`t help but I have a feeling that these tracks are from the 68 Special..they simply remind me of it..although I am most likely wrong....I will put them online tomorrow..

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:08 pm

Here we go,..your comments please..

It`s Now Or Never

Love Me

Loving You

One Night

Baby What You Want Me To Do

Runaway

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:27 pm

No way that "Love Me" is from the 68 Special. You can hear James' guitar. Sounds like '69.

Thanks, Cisco!

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Here we go,..your comments please..

It`s Now Or Never

Love Me

Loving You

One Night

Baby What You Want Me To Do

Runaway

Sound is not good so it is hard to say which year they come from. It could be from 1969. But it is not 68 comeback special.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:20 am

It's a shame RCA didn't keep their tapes rolling until the end of the engagement. There was only 2 more days left, and as it wore on, Elvis started mixing his setlists up more and more. I've long held the belief the closing show must have been possibly one of the best of the engagement because he would have been looser than the opening shows - clearly evident in the All Shook Up FTD. He was brimming with this confidence, and with it being the closing show, the sense of triumph would have been there, and he would have been sure up for going out with a bang. And judging by all over Closing Shows from his other Vegas stints, he usually threw in a few surprises. "One Night" and "Love Me" in Multitrack would have been majorly cool from '69!

Is there any reputed setlist for that closing show either?