Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Re: Funniest Fan comments on Audience Recordings

Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:44 am

NikkiTCB wrote:It does bring back memories doesn't it. Every single one of those tapes smelled strongly of cigerette smoke. Opening a package upon arrival would take your breath away!

Nikki

Yes, and then you'd listen to them and realize that you'd fallen for his "great quality" line, once again. Umpteenth generation, dubbed onto Certron cassettes. Those were the days. To be fair, though, I learned an awful lot about Elvis' Vegas and touring years by listening to the collection of The Arkansas Con Man.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:26 am

i always feel a bit unconfortable when a female fan yells during the december 10 1975 show

Elvis: Hey, I thought the show was over
Female Fan: hahahahaha Turn Around Elvis, (Ogasmic like:) Turn around ohhh

Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:25 am

elvisjock wrote:The Arkansas Con Man.

I never had one bit of trouble from him. As a matter of fact, he often threw in a few free cassettes with my orders.

Back then, those were a treat that I anxiously looked forward to.

Mon May 27, 2013 4:57 am

April fools day ...."Look Up There" was hilarious. ELVIS PRESLEY would you please look up here?! I read somewhere it was Liberace!

Tue May 28, 2013 3:41 am

Juan Luis wrote:I read somewhere it was Liberace!

In the balcony?

Very doubtful.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:15 am

I think one of the funniest things i heard. I only heard it a couple of days ago and i forgot what show it was. Vegas the Audience were shouting out request and from the back you can hear a women shout out It hurts me and Elvis just calmly say back to her if it does dont do it honey. Elvis could be very funny when he wanted to be.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:17 pm

xmascarrol wrote:I think one of the funniest things i heard. I only heard it a couple of days ago and i forgot what show it was. Vegas the Audience were shouting out request and from the back you can hear a women shout out It hurts me and Elvis just calmly say back to her if it does dont do it honey. Elvis could be very funny when he wanted to be.

Cool story. I wonder if Elvis remembered the song.

Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:17 pm

xmascarrol wrote:I think one of the funniest things i heard. I only heard it a couple of days ago and i forgot what show it was. Vegas the Audience were shouting out request and from the back you can hear a women shout out It hurts me and Elvis just calmly say back to her if it does dont do it honey. Elvis could be very funny when he wanted to be.

If my memory doesn't play any tricks on me, I believe he made that comment during his last Vegas season during on of the last five shows (probably December 11?).

Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:12 pm

Joern wrote:

If my memory doesn't play any tricks on me, I believe he made that comment during his last Vegas season during on of the last five shows (probably December 11?).

August 12, 1972. Great extended version of Polk Salad Annie where I think he is changing his pants behind the curtain (can't recall why I think this but I think there are comments later in the show back to this extended version).

Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:21 am

Rob wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:I read somewhere it was Liberace!

In the balcony?

Very doubtful.

well maybe he was in a private Booth??

Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:57 pm

There's a show in which you hear someone say quite clearly in Dutch "gaat het"? ( are you okay?) the answer always made me smile: " nee ik zit vast" (no I am stuck) I can't remember which show this was, and if I had it on tape or on Vinyl. Maybe someone here knows which show this was?!

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:56 am

Pink&Black wrote:There's a show in which you hear someone say quite clearly in Dutch "gaat het"? ( are you okay?) the answer always made me smile: " nee ik zit vast" (no I am stuck) I can't remember which show this was, and if I had it on tape or on Vinyl. Maybe someone here knows which show this was?!

I discovered it when it was released many moons ago in 1990... cool to hear!!
You can hear the same person sing along on "Little sister" too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:09 pm

Wow, thanks Johan, will give my copy a spin today :D