Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Elvis' jumpsuit for St. Louis Sept. 10, 1970 concert?

Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:42 am

Hello Elvis Admirers! I have a question regarding Elvis' concert in St. Louis on Sept. 10, 1970. Which jumpsuit did he wear? Some experts say White Fringe with White Belt (as in the Jumpsuit Junkies section) while other information states the White Chain with Red Macrame Belt. I read a fan's review of the concert and she states the White Chain with Red Belt. Also, the cover of the cdr for this concert has the White Chain with Red Belt. Thank you for your assistance, Calvin

Re: Elvis' jumpsuit for St. Louis Sept. 10, 1970 concert?

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:05 am

My infos....thanks to Leroy say..Chain Suit with Brown Macrame Belt.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:22 pm

A visual via elvisconcerts.com. This jumpsuit was worn in many shows during that tour, and only recently I managed to sort out the photos in Dagmar's book for myself... smt190

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Thanks for the information! Here's a photo I acquired years ago which says it came from the St. Louis concert as Elvis was exiting the stage exhausted and having trouble seeing from the stage lights. The more I look at the photo the belt does look brownish and not bright red. Best regards, Calvin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:25 pm

burroughs wrote:but.. the brown belt isnĀ“t the same design like the red belt is 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:23 am

ep1tcb wrote:Thanks for the information! Here's a photo I acquired years ago which says it came from the St. Louis concert as Elvis was exiting the stage exhausted and having trouble seeing from the stage lights. The more I look at the photo the belt does look brownish and not bright red. Best regards, Calvin

This one is from San Diego, November 15, 1970

Elvis wore the chain suit four times on the September 1970 tour and wore the brown macrame belt for all four shows.
The suit was worn only once on the November tour and this time with the red belt.

Visit the Sep and Nov 1970 tours on my links below to see which suit he wore at the different shows.
http://www.brian56.dk/70-09.htm
http://www.brian56.dk/70-11.htm

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Nice little site, Brian.. :smt006

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:11 pm

Awesome pics, thanks guys!