Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Incorrectly dated SB recordings by FTD

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:37 pm

The last wrong dates on Minnesota Moment made me think about this. Perhpas we can sum all wrong dates here.

So we start with Minnesaota Moment:
Introductions (dated Dayton, October 26, 1976)
Hurt (dated Dayton, October 26, 1976)
Hawaiian Wedding Song (dated Sioux Fall, October 18, 1976)
Blue Christmas (dated Dayton, October 26, 1976)
That`s all Right (dated Dayton, October 26, 1976)
Are all Anaheim November 30, 1976 ES

Big Boss Man:
Dated March 30, 1975 DS
Is in fact March 28, 1975 DS

Re: Incorrectly dated SB recordings by FTD

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Be careful with threads like this,Cisco,because Ernst will never answer your p.m.'s again. :lol:
Last edited by Gabriel on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:34 pm

Dixeland Rocks
Can't Help Falling In Love (dated as May 7, 1975)
Closing Vamp (dated as May 7, 1975)
Both are from the May 6, 1975 show.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:35 pm

Gabriel wrote:Be careful with threads like this,Cisco,because Ernst will never answer your p.m.'s again. :lol:

I think he is already angry with me.. :lol:

Ernst,..perhaps you can contribute a little here.. :wink:

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
Gabriel wrote:Be careful with threads like this,Cisco,because Ernst will never answer your p.m.'s again. :lol:

I think he is already angry with me.. :lol:

Don't worry,you're not the only one with unanswered p.m.'s.
I wrote him twice,of course very politely,he did read them immediately but never bothered to answer my short and simple questions. I understand that he's busy and he's not allowed to answer all questions,still at least a very short answer ("SORRY,NO" or something like that) would have been welcome. I guess if he has enough time to read my message,then he has enough time to say a simple "NO",too. Just to show a very minimal respect towards the fans who support the label.
After all,we are the FTD label. Without fans there's no FTD.
Last edited by Gabriel on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:43 pm

I have just tried again..let`s see.. :wink:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:12 am

Ok ive collected all the Ftd concerts that have been released and knowing me i will probably will collect the others that are being released, just a question i have is how are we suppose to know if we are getting what is being sent even when ftd are un-sure what they are sending. The only Concert i know from FTD that i know is right is TUCSON due to a friend of mine being in the audience that night and when i sent a copy to her she deff said that concert was from TUCSON. Also ive always wonder why FTD are releasing Chicago 76 concerts out as most fans would have these concerts in their collection from bootlegs suppliers and these concerts are in very good sound. I thought FTD are against bootleggers so why don't they release concerts that havent been released in any format. I understand Ernst said he has 200 in the vaults and im not sure if thats all concerts, but if it is, we should be seeing New concerts that havent been released anyway. Please dont think im knocking FTD cause i think the label is brilliant just would like them to be careful what they are saying they are releasing and maybe have a look at what has already been released concert wise and then they could beat the bootleggers by releasing something totally new. Ok enuf of me whinging.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:33 am

xmascarrol wrote:Also ive always wonder why FTD are releasing Chicago 76 concerts out as most fans would have these concerts in their collection from bootlegs suppliers and these concerts are in very good sound.

FTD cares nothing about what is being released by bootleggers when deciding what will be officially released. Not everyone has access to bootleg recordings.

xmascarrol wrote:Ok enuf of me whinging.

I agree.

I'd much rather talk about what a blessing FTD has been to the serious collector. I would have pushed both you and Cisco under a bus for this label 25 years ago.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:05 am

Ciscoking wrote:The last wrong dates on Minnesota Moment made me think about this.
Perhaps we can sum all wrong dates here.

So we start with Minnesota Moment:
Introductions (dated Dayton, October 26, 1976)
Hurt (dated Dayton, October 26, 1976)
Hawaiian Wedding Song (dated Sioux Fall, October 18, 1976)
Blue Christmas (dated Dayton, October 26, 1976)
That`s all Right (dated Dayton, October 26, 1976)
Are all Anaheim November 30, 1976 ES

Big Boss Man:
Dated March 30, 1975 DS
Is in fact March 28, 1975 DS

Cisco, for the Minnesota corrections, did you cross-reference the tracks with an audience tape of Anaheim?

And what made you pick Anaheim, if so?

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:20 am

I have compared with Anaheim yes..it matches..
I got an e-mail from a fan who found that out.

Ernst told me that he didn`t know how that could happen. He doesn`t have the Anaheim show. This would have made sense when the Anaheim tape would have been wrongly dated. These bonus cuts were taken from different tapes with different shows.
So it`s a bit difficult, we will talk again and I let you know.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:26 am

Rob

Remind me to come anyway near you if a bus is around lol. As i said i will probably buy them even though i have them, but be nice if we get the chance of hearing say macon, charlotte, indianapolis 72 elvis on tour concerts b4 the ones we have already come out but yes i will be collecting them aswell. Cisco maybe u check with Ernst see if they are in the can somewhere .

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:21 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Ernst told me that he didn`t know how that could happen. He doesn`t have the Anaheim show. This would have made sense when the Anaheim tape would have been wrongly dated. These bonus cuts were taken from different tapes with different shows.

That's interesting. Isn't it possible that the Anaheim audience recording is wrongly dated?
Any new info on this would be welcome and i'm glad that at least you got an answer.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:02 pm

I have emailed Ernst the track listings of the Dayton and the Anaheim shows. He should compare with what he has. I also sent him a direct link to my site where he can compare the Anaheim show and the tracks in question.

Anaheim, November 30, 1976 ES

I have also compared the setlists of these shows with others from the respective dates and the setlists match with what was sung during these tours..see 25.11.76 and 28.11.76..

Now I am waiting what Ernst says..he has no SB of Anaheim to compare..

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:42 pm

Therefore this means FTD have the last tour show before Vegas in '76. It would have been cool to hear it fully rather than just a handful of songs. It's an eye opener though - just think how many other shows could have been wrongly dated?!

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:10 pm

Good Time Charlie wrote:Therefore this means FTD have the last tour show before Vegas in '76. It would have been cool to hear it fully rather than just a handful of songs. It's an eye opener though - just think how many other shows could have been wrongly dated?!

How did you infer that?

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:17 pm

Ernst does not have Anaheim. I said it before. He does have Eugene 25.11.76. I asked him if he could release this one. He said he would check. We have part of this show on cdr...and it sounds fantastic..and Elvis delivers a TOP show..

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:44 pm

Ciscoking wrote:He does have Eugene 25.11.76. I asked him if he could release this one. He said he would check. We have part of this show on cdr...and it sounds fantastic..and Elvis delivers a TOP show..

It's a rare occasion when i would rather prefer the audience recording!
I like the laughing of that woman. And it's nice that the pre-show was recorded and it contains the disco version of Beethoven's 5th Symphony.
A new soundboard is always welcome of course but in this case it would cause a slight disappointment (for me at least).
That audience recording is too good to remain unreleased and a sterile soundboard wouldn't be the same.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:51 pm

Wel,..right..but I cannot ask Ernst to release an AR which he don`t even have.... :lol:

What we have on AR is just an excerpt of the show.. as you surely know..including the pre-show program it runs 32:35 and without only 21:55...so I`d rather have a complete SB than.....NOTHING.. :wink:

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:55 pm

Okay but the audience recording probably exist in complete form.
The only question is WHO HAS IT? :)

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:10 am

Not me...unfortunately..:(

Whoever has it..please contact me.. ::rocks

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:14 am

I guess he will contact you if you offer enough money. :lol:
Once he obviously wanted to sell/trade his tape but he didn't get enough money or stuff to trade so he shared only a half show. Just guessing though.
Maybe it's the same person who recorded those excellent aug. 74 shows but shared only the heavily edited versions?

It's about time to do something because if Ernst releases the same show on soundboard then his audience tape will be worthless (at least from financial point of view).

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:25 am

Absolutely agreed..!

::rocks

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Ernst told me that he didn`t know how that could happen. He doesn`t have the Anaheim show. This would have made sense when the Anaheim tape would have been wrongly dated. These bonus cuts were taken from different tapes with different shows.

Hey Cisco,is there any new info on this?
This thing is really mysterious. If you and Ernst can't solve this mystery than nobody else will.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:46 pm

Ernst didn`t deny the fact....he admitted that it is "weird"...but "we all weren`t there when the shows were taped".(these are about his words)..I sent him sound samples and setlists which proved my statement but in the end he doesn`t have the time to check things...

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:47 pm

Maybe Joan Deary screwed up something with the tapes back then...
Strange situation,anyway.