Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Minnesota Moment...another wrong date

Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Oh, well...Hawaiian Wedding Song is NOT as stated Sioux Fall October 18, 1976 it is also Anaheim November 30, 1976.."this is the moment..Oh Lord ..of sweet Aloha"...and after the song.. "just married...thank you very much"..identify this song as also being from Anaheim. So all three sequent tracks H.Wedd.Song, Blue Xmas and That`s all Right are from Anaheim...Nov. 30, 1976. This makes sense since all songs were sung in exactly this order..

Many thanks to Rusty Cage for this find..I want to point out that all these things about wrong dates on this FTD release were found out by true fans..who e-mailed me....much appreciated..

::rocks

Re: Minnesota Moment...another wrong date

Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:47 am

Some time ago, I e-mailed Ernst about releasing the Anaheim show, and he claimed they don’t have it. However, I pointed out they have it, only wrongly dated. Please feel free to request the release of this concert too. If we bombard him from both sides, he must cave. :lol:

Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:51 am

Ken...we talk after the next SBs are out..

Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:54 am

Why the push to release the 11-30-1976 Anaheim show?

Does Elvis do a one-liner of "Golden Coins"?

Golden Coins.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:04 am

Ken Jensen wrote:Some time ago, I e-mailed Ernst about releasing the Anaheim show, and he claimed they don’t have it. However, I pointed out they have it, only wrongly dated. Please feel free to request the release of this concert too. If we bombard him from both sides, he must cave. :lol:

If this is the case then Sioux Fall, Oct 18 must be wrongly labelled and is in fact Anaheim, Nov 30, 1976.
Or something else is wrong with this tape.

I will check when my friend from FTD who is responsible for such things is back from his business journey in a few weeks or so.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:58 pm

Something is fishy, Cisco. However, the Dayton show and the Sioux Falls show cannot both be from Anaheim.

John, FTD’s stated policy is to cover every single tour and hotel season if possible. The November 1976 tour remains to be dealt with. It’s not the only one.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:04 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:Something is fishy, Cisco. However, the Dayton show and the Sioux Falls show cannot both be from Anaheim.

John, FTD’s stated policy is to cover every single tour and hotel season if possible. The November 1976 tour remains to be dealt with. It’s not the only one.

I well know the policy.

Again, I ask what makes Anaheim so special?

Is there a one-off of "Queenie Wahine's Papaya"?

Queenie Wahine's Papaya.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:35 pm

Anaheim is said to be a pretty good show. It’s also the last show of the tour, which makes it somewhat interesting. Also, if the experts are correct, we know FTD/Sony have this show in their vaults.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:52 pm

That`s Anaheim...a very good and solid tour closing show...RT 77:36..Ken..I come back to you about this soon.

2001 Theme
C.C. Rider
I Got A Woman/Amen
Love Me
If You Love Me Let Me Know
You Gave Me A Mountain
Jailhouse Rock
It's Now Or Never
All Shook Up
Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
And I Love You So
Fever
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Polk Salad Annie
Introductions
Early Morning Rain
What'd I Say
Johnny B.Goode
Ronnie Tutt solo
Jerry Scheff solo
Tony Brown solo
David Briggs solo
Love Letters
Hail Hail Rock'n'Roll
Hurt
Hound Dog
Hawaiian Wedding Song
Blue Christmas
That's All Right
Can't Help Falling In Love

Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Looking forward to that, Cisco.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:12 pm

Ciscoking wrote:That`s Anaheim...a very good and solid tour closing show...RT 77:36..Ken..I come back to you about this soon.

2001 Theme
C.C. Rider
I Got A Woman/Amen
Love Me
If You Love Me Let Me Know
You Gave Me A Mountain
Jailhouse Rock
It's Now Or Never
All Shook Up
Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
And I Love You So
Fever
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Polk Salad Annie
Introductions
Early Morning Rain
What'd I Say
Johnny B.Goode
Ronnie Tutt solo
Jerry Scheff solo
Tony Brown solo
David Briggs solo
Love Letters
Hail Hail Rock'n'Roll
Hurt
Hound Dog
Hawaiian Wedding Song
Blue Christmas
That's All Right
Can't Help Falling In Love

Looks ... about the same.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:24 pm

Looks can be deceiving, John.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:30 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:Looks can be deceiving, John.

So true, Ken!

Image from: http://www.elvisconcerts.com/

Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:11 am

John, that’s the suit he wore in Anaheim, isn’t it, but the shot is from February 12, 1977, isn’t it?

Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:36 am

Anaheim was Ginger's first show, and Elvis delivered an inspired peformance. It would be nice to synch the soundboard with the Super 8 footage that has circulated for many years.

Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:59 am

elvisjock wrote:Anaheim was Ginger's first show, and Elvis delivered an inspired peformance. It would be nice to synch the soundboard with the Super 8 footage that has circulated for many years.

Does Elvis mention her from the stage? If so, it’s easy to determine whether or not the FTD soundboard is from Anaheim.

Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:23 am

elvisjock wrote:Anaheim was Ginger's first show, and Elvis delivered an inspired peformance. It would be nice to synch the soundboard with the Super 8 footage that has circulated for many years.

No, it was not. We were in a discussion about this ... yesterday. Ginger clearly stated in her book her first show was the day before, in San Francisco.

Jay: What Happened?

drjohncarpenter wrote:As others have noted, Ginger was flown to San Francisco, arriving in the early hours of 11-28. Elvis did a little "room dance" at the S.F. Hilton between her and Linda Thompson before sending Linda back to L.A. on 11-29.

The first show Alden attended, according to her recent book, was the Monday, 11-29-1976 Cow Palace performance. What is most amusing about the event is that she got up to leave with the entourage during the closing number, "Can't Help Falling In Love," and Elvis apparently saw this and yelled "Stay!" in the middle of the song. He wanted her to see his magnificent exit. ;-)

Can anyone confirm this from the existing audience tape?

Image: http://www.elvisconcerts.com/concerts/Concert_expand.php?id=1067

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84979&p=1324686#p1324686

Maybe we should all pine for the 11-29-1976 show at the Cow Palace. ;-)

Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:36 am

I seem to have had a senior moment.

The second Cow Palace show was likely Ginger's first. As I said previously, my recording of that show has no "STAY" at the end.

Neither do we hear "SIT" or "DOWN."

Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:16 am

elvisjock wrote:I seem to have had a senior moment.

The second Cow Palace show was likely Ginger's first. As I said previously, my recording of that show has no "STAY" at the end.

Neither do we hear "SIT" or "DOWN."

How about "FETCH"? ;-)

Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:28 am

Ken Jensen wrote:

Does Elvis mention her from the stage? If so, it’s easy to determine whether or not the FTD soundboard is from Anaheim.

Don`t understand...you mean Minnesota is Anaheim..?

Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:13 am

Ciscoking wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:

Don`t understand...you mean Minnesota is Anaheim..?

Cisco, I’m obviously talking about the Anaheim soundboard, which we apparently have outtakes from on the above mentioned FTD. You insinuated that Sioux Falls might be Anaheim, but I don’t think so. It’s more likely that Dayton is Anaheim and that “Hawaiian Wedding Song” is simply misprinted as Sioux Falls on the CD when in fact it’s Dayton/Anaheim. I’m thinking FTD might have intended to use the Sioux Falls version, then decided to go for the Dayton one instead, except that Dayton turned out to be Anaheim. Well, that’s what I think. It’s just a theory, though, but one worth checking out.

Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:43 am

OKay..Ken I was a bit off track...I have re-opened the case...

School Day, Hurt, Blue Christmas and That`s All Right are mentioned as
being from Dayton, Oct 26, 1976 ES. In fact all are from Anaheim Nov 30,
1976 ES and in addition Hawaiian Wedding Song (mentioned as being from
S.Falls, Oct 18, 1976 ES) is also from Anaheim. So I have a atrong suspicion
that Dayton, Oct 26 is in fact Anaheim Nov 30, 1976. I have contacted Ernst
about a set list for Dayton, Oct 26, 1976 from the vaults to see whether that
one matches with our Anaheim show we have as AR. I come back to you !

Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:33 pm

Any news?

Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:43 pm

The tracks are from Anaheim...they stem from a tape with various songs..the tracks in question were
wrongly dated..obviously

Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:49 am

Thanks for info, Ciscoking. Are you saying Ernst doesn’t have the complete Anaheim concert, just a few tracks from it?