Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

L.A. Forum May 11, 1974, AS

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Just gave this show as released on At The Forum by Graceland Records a spin..and I was pleasently surprised..granted..the sound is a bit dull with some echo because of the geat hall...but the show is really decent..I noticed something..Elvis really seems to have no hurries..all songs.. well besides the three worn out oldies (All Shook Up, Teddy Bear, H.Dog) all get a fair treatment..even Love Me Tender is sung without any joke...the same goes for Why Me Lord..no teasing of J.D....Trying To Get To You shows what he was still able to deliver vocally..fantastic rendition...then the brand new song You Can Have Her..he don`t announce it..nothing..he just sings it..that`s it..a little "thank you" and the next song starts..Elvis isn`t very talkative ..no jokes..he fully concentrates on his music..just solid entertainment..every song is well performed..with the time it needs..another highlight is Big Boss Man or American Trilogy..,a good show..I think this release drowned a bit cause it was released almost simultaneouslywith the FTD Live In LA...

Re: L.A. Forum May 11, 1974, AS

Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:51 am

I just randomly listened to this show myself about a week ago. The joking around with J.D. during "Why Me Lord" had not started yet. But yes, I've always enjoyed this show, as did several thousands of other folks on that spring California afternoon.

When you're stuck with the wrong woman
There's not much that you can do
Just dig a hole and crawl right in it
And pull the ground right in over you.

Classic.