Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Nassau, July 19, 1975, ES....outstanding !

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Just gave America`s Own Vol. 2 a spin..WOW..what a show..haven`t heard it for ages..and I am really deeply impressed..Elvis is in a fantastic mood and enjoys every minute he is on stage....the audience reactions are overwhelming...they know they witness a fantastic concert..during Love Me and If You Love Me...something exciting must happen cause hurricans of applause
are to hear..,,Love Me Tender gets a special treatment by Elvis ..he sings the first verses a cappella..before he continues with the "take the pill" joke..Why Me Lord has Elvis trying hard to make JD laugh..he imitates Mickey Mouse while talking to JD..delicious..!..How Great Thou Art is one of the best versions ever..just stunning....the walls surely had strted to tremble..listen to it....when I then heard You`ll Never Walk Alone I got the goosebumps..now I know why I just love this guy..also Funny How Time Slips Away is excellent..the sound is decent .you get the real feeling of an extra class live concert..forget these dry and sterile SB`s..lol...here you can hear pure "live" magic....friends..the AS this day also was very good..what about a 2 CD set with these Nassau shows..in modern layout and perhpas improved sound...?..Also the two Ashville shows from July 23 and July 24 , 1975 should be re-released...Hey,..someone can you hear me..?

Re: Nassau, July 19, 1975, ES....outstanding !

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:11 am

The matinee wasn't too shabby, either.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:44 pm

The only show i have from this tour is the C/S (Pieces Of My Life by Straight Arrow). Nothing else.
So i would take a couple of improved re-release from this tour with open arms! And i really don't understand why this tour has to be a black hole for new collectors. I mean,for a relatively new collector with below average budget it's nearly impossible to get anything from this tour on real CD. Here are the release dates of the factory pressed CD's:

America's Own 1990
Little Darlin' 1992
Back At The Falls 1994
America's Own Volume 2 1994
Gyrating Asheville 1997
America's Own re-release 2004
Pieces Of my Life 2005

Gosh,most of these shows were issued 15-20 years ago! And even the two newer releases are 5 and 6 years old and nearly impossible to get.
It's about time to do something,Mr bootleggers!

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:53 pm

Absolutely..a fantastic tour with no weak spot...highest time for an upgrated re-release...

Gabriel...especially for you I did We`ll Make You Happy..you can now listen to it.. :smt006

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:31 am

Ciscoking wrote:Absolutely..a fantastic tour with no weak spot...

How would you estimate the show in Norfolk on July 20 where Kathy and two of the Sweets left the stage caused by some erratic behaviour - to say the least - from Presley? A lot of his comments about his female backsingers were rough the days before.

Otherwise I agree that the tour was a very good one.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:14 am

It was an ugly incident..yes...but this necessarily don`t make a bad show..he apologised..as we all know..and if the show was not top notch as the others were..it was still good.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:11 pm

The show at the Nassau Coliseum was really a great one. The recording also sounds great (considering the source). It is one of the rare audience recordings, where you can turn up the volume and get the feeling to be there. The show really rocks and Elvis is running at full throttle.

::rocks

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:25 pm

You`ve nailed it, buddy..!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:48 pm

Thank you....these words make me feel what I am doing is appreciated at least by some of you..

I just saw..we have quite a few from these days online..

Just lean back and enjoy..from fans for fans..scroll down till you have the respective tour..

Concerts from 1975