Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

That`s All Right on Minnesota Moment wrongly dated..?

Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Ernst dates this bonus track as being from October 26, 1976 Dayton.
I got an email from a fan (and a fan of my Cisco pages... :oops: ) named Forrest .....hi, Forrest...and he found out that this version is identical to Anaheim November 30, 1976. I have checked and voila..both version are the same..Dayton doesn`t match..just listen to the very beginning...."Lonesome Cowboy..?"..Elvis asks..then few bars of this song are played before the real song starts..I haven`t checked yet but I bet the other songs dated 26.10.76 are also from 30.11.76 as they were also performed in Anaheim....
Forrest...thanks again for the fantastic detection.. :smt006

::rocks

Re: That`s All Right on Minnesota Moment wrongly dated..?

Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:23 pm

Is it possible the cassette Ernst used was marked as 'Dayton'?

Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:25 pm

Yep..this could be the reason..Ernst and SB´s is sometimes a "weird connection"..lol..

Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:15 pm

Please note that School Days, Hurt, Blue Christmas and That`s All Right are all Anaheim November 30, 1976 ES and NOT Dayton October 26, 1976 ES as stated on the cover. I have compared and they match perfectly with the AR I have..thanks again to Forest who set me on the right track.. :smt006

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:08 am

It really was an accident. I just happen to enjoy listening to 1976 versions of "That's All Right" and there it was. "Bass and a tub . . . Lonesome Cowboy?"

Wonder how much of that concert the tape reel had? Because if Ernst knew he had a tape from a whole different tour, and it was almost complete - then we could have another orginial soundboard FTD instead of these retreads.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:51 pm

FTD and wrongly dated concerts? Are you joking? That's impossible! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ernst is perfect and Lene is even more perfect. :twisted: :wink:

But seriously,the bonus tracks are not only wrongly dated but 3 of them is even destroyed. Quote from Oven Egeland:

FTD has made ONE BIG MASTERING ERROR on the bonus tracks. The binaural tracks; 'Hawaiian Wedding Song', 'Blue Christmas' and 'That's All Right' comes in inverted sound, giving a thin stereo image. DZJESUS!!! Lene Reidel or whoever, please master the CD while using both earphones and normal speaker setup. When a channel is inverted the result is often that the bass-line get lost or reduced. Like in this case! It is not always easy to discover if you only master music using headphones! But it is very evident on a normal speaker setup with a real bass speaker.

http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/minnesotamoment.html

Don't get me wrong,i like and support the label,but it never ceases to amaze me how crappy and sloppy releases we get for such high prices.

fg76 wrote:It really was an accident.

As for FTD,there are too many "accidents".

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:05 am

Gabriel wrote:As for FTD,there are too many "accidents".

That is an odd statement considering the wealth of fantastic archival material issued over the past decade by FTD.