Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

What Now My Love....stunning version

Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:49 pm

This song has always been a fave of mine..while preparing We`ll Make You Happy for audio streaming I stumbled upon this version from February 17, 1973 MS..this is no SB as mentioned on the cover (all are declared to be SB)..it is a "soundbooth recording" made with 2 mikes from the audience....,,a fantastic rendition of the song with spoken lyrics...this made me think..where one song is..is maybe the complete show or is it wrongly dated..?

What Now My Love/Febr.17, 1973 MS

Re: What Now My Love....stunning version

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:09 am

Yea i have to agree with you there i think this is one of Elvis best concert song, shame he didnt do a studio version. I have this concert ok only 20 minutes of it and this song isnt on it so thats weird so maybe no surrender is dated wrongly, i dont know never can understand how someone who tapes a show can. 1st of all doesnt remember wat date it is , and who doesnt record the whole thing,

Love the version of this song that Elvis does live in vegas 72 i think when he talks the middle bit then asks joe and the band to do the last bit again but misses it and does it again. shame that is a aud recording

:D

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:57 pm

The source for No Surrender was audio from video footage..the show is incomplete with multiple cuts and bad sound..just for those who don`t know.it..date: February 17, 1973 MS..
Hey Chris..you know a lot..thought you were a newbie... :wink:

Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Nice version, indeed. I've tried to restore and to improve the soundquality.

What Now My Love: http://www.sendspace.com/file/cnnbir

Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:59 am

That really is a beautiful version of that song.
Elvis sounds quite emotional during the spoken parts, very moving to listen to.
Thanks for the opportunity to hear this.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:25 am

You`re welcome.. :smt006