Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Best 1971 AR shows available sound-wise ?

Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:37 am

Apart from :

A Thunder In The Night
Trying To Get To Memphis
I Don't Wanna Sing These Songs
71 Summer Festival vol. 1 + 2

Only audience recordings please, no soundboards, I already have all of them already.
I know many of these AR have bad sound (apart from the ones I have above listed), but which ones deserve a listen and have decent sound at least ?

Thanks for any suggestions, I would also appreciate a sound grading from 1 to 5, if possible!
A date is good enough, if you can't remember the title (day, month, and either dinner or midnight show in case of Vegas/Tahoe).

Re: Best 1971 AR shows available sound-wise ?

Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:34 pm

This one is quite good:

http://ciscoking.jordans-elvis-world.co ... imp/08.ram

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:00 pm

The Cisco Kid Strikes Again..

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/T/theciscokid.htm

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:57 pm

Thanks guys!

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:37 pm

James....I think they almost all don´t sound bad..what we have is fine..sometimes I think it was all recorded by one person..all are a hair dull but not bad..and the recorder was near the stage..I am just speaking about Vegas Summer 1971..
The same goes for Winter 1974..re CDR..all sound the same..dull with hiss..the recorder a bit away from the stage..

Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:19 am

Ciscoking wrote:James....I think they almost all don´t sound bad..what we have is fine..sometimes I think it was all recorded by one person..all are a hair dull but not bad..and the recorder was near the stage..I am just speaking about Vegas Summer 1971..
The same goes for Winter 1974..re CDR..all sound the same..dull with hiss..the recorder a bit away from the stage..

That's interesting, do you happen to know who this person might be ? He/she must have witnessed a lot of Elvis shows at the time and tipped the waiters good for the good seats! What stories that person could tell us! It's a year that still feels too little documented and therefore less appreciated.

We have to be thankful for what we've got. Still it's a shame that we only have (all-in-all) mediocre soundboards from that year's first Vegas season and (a better one from the) last (and only) tour.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:21 pm

James27 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:James....I think they almost all don´t sound bad..what we have is fine..sometimes I think it was all recorded by one person..all are a hair dull but not bad..and the recorder was near the stage..I am just speaking about Vegas Summer 1971..

That's interesting, do you happen to know who this person might be ? He/she must have witnessed a lot of Elvis shows at the time and tipped the waiters good for the good seats! What stories that person could tell us! It's a year that still feels too little documented and therefore less appreciated.

We have to be thankful for what we've got. Still it's a shame that we only have (all-in-all) mediocre soundboards from that year's first Vegas season and (a better one from the) last (and only) tour.

Maybe someone from the English fan club recorded the shows in Aug/Sept 71? Could be Rex Martin and his friends?

Sincerley

Kenneth

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:52 pm

Yes,..why not..?..Many recordings sound similar..

Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:27 pm

The LP Live Experience has nice sound and it's a more then decent show.