Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Straight Arrow sound samples.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:13 pm

Here is The First Time Ever I saw Your Face from August 30, 1973 DS..just fantastic....will come in a few weeks

August 30, 1973 DS

The other is the soon coming February 14, 1973 DS (first announced as Febr. 21, 1973 DS, which will come anyway)

February 14, 1973 DS

Sounds good.. :wink:

Re: Straight Arrow sound samples.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:21 am

"The First Time" is a great sounding version! And what a voice! How can one stop being a fan, what a talent this man had. We will never see the likes of him ever again. This, together with the 29/12/76 version, is probably my favorite version of this great song.

It's great to feel enthusiastic even after all these years. The music of Elvis is what it's all about and "will last 'til the end of time"...

edit (listening now to the cd-r) : I hope they will correct the speed variations apparent on the cd-r of the 30/8 ds, for instance like in "Suspicious Minds" ("I hate this song" Elvis comments, and I think he by then actually meant it.. his comment about the upisde-down day and night world of Vegas also speaks volumes, just before "Bridge") and in others. Otherwise, since the cd-r is already sounding very good, I'm hoping the best for this silver disc release. It's a good show and worthy of a SA release.

Cisco, did Elvis have a black suit in this dinner show, he mentions it in "Suspicious Minds", yet the cd-r cover shows him wearing a blue one with matching cape?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:10 am

There also is a cdr version of this show in correct speed.. :wink:

I don`t know which suit he wore this day..sorry..

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:46 pm

Good sound,indeed.
It's about time to release them.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:23 pm

I think so, too..
Looking more forward though to the forthcoming unreleased show from Febr. 21, 1973 DS..

::rocks

Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:21 am

Got mine on order already, :D

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:24 am

Eventually my order is on the way whoo hoo. I thought i might had to wait for straight arrow to release the 21st feb that was gonna to be released first. Looking forward to having these in my collection and looking forward to 2011 cause in the last couple of months ive been able to extend my collection thanks to FTD straight arrows releases lets hope next year is the same.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:29 am

Ive got them ive listen to the begining of both cds and i can happy say worth the price and its good to have these in my collection , nice work from Straight Arrow hope the next release is as good as im greedy hope its this side of xmas lol

Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:23 am

I played my copy last night at the bar.

Some people stopped talking.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:08 am

I do like CD "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" much more than the other one. The sound is much better and the show is much better imo,
Also "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me" is a nice addition to my ever-growing collection, but by far not as good sounding as the hype about the soundquality of booth recordings have might let you think that it is.

Joern

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:10 am

Joern wrote:I do like CD "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" much more than the other one. The sound is much better and the show is much better imo,

Elvis plays around a little too much for my taste, but the sound is absolutely superb.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:51 pm

Anyway....I think in both cases we have decent releases...worthwhile in any case....I have gotten what I expected...I am now looking forward to the unreleased I Can`t Stop Loving You..show from..was it..February 21, 1973..DS..?

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:54 pm

Totally agree with you Cisco Looking forward to hearing i can't stop lovin you concert when its released

Chris