Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Cleveland June 21st 1974 recording available?

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:16 pm

Does anyone know if this has been released yet? According to Merijn Van Der Meer this concert exists on audience recording, he knows there was a woman that recorded it and as I remember it, he can no longer locate this woman. He said Elvis did something special/different that day. It's interesting to note that the soundboard appears to be in the Sony vaults according to JAT. Has this tour been covered by FTD yet?

I have heard every time Elvis had a concert in Cleveland that he did a great job and since the Rock n Roll HOF is there, I would like to see FTD release this concert and a few others from Richfield Coliseum in the 70's, maybe in conjunction with focusing on Elvis at the HOF. Maybe in conjunction with an Elvis month celebration there or something. BMG did the same thing back when they released the 3 track HOF promo cd, I was there that night. They had the spectacular Dragon suit there during the celebration. That suit is amazing to see in person.

Re: Cleveland June 21st 1974 recording available?

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:05 pm

Tim C wrote:Does anyone know if this has been released yet?

About 20 minutes of Super8 film has appeared on VHS and DVD (Collector's Gold Vol. 5) -->

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:20 pm

There's some amazing footage from June 29, 1974 on You Tube, the quality is incredible!
And Elvis looks and sounds great!

http://www.youtube.com//watch?v=RzLPIvv ... re=related

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:30 pm

Out of 25 shows from this tour..18 are available on CD or CD-R....unfortunately not this one..

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:38 pm

Another FTD from this tour would be welcome.
A 4CD-set maybe? :wink:

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:22 am

Ther must have been tumultuous moments in the show...one girl hat to be carried out with her legs in the air...really.. :lol:

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:40 pm

Lover Doll wrote:There's some amazing footage from June 29, 1974 on You Tube, the quality is incredible!
And Elvis looks and sounds great!

http://www.youtube.com//watch?v=RzLPIvv ... re=related

That's a great clip Lover Doll, thanks for posting.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:48 pm

Tim C wrote:Does anyone know if this has been released yet? According to Merijn Van Der Meer this concert exists on audience recording, he knows there was a woman that recorded it and as I remember it, he can no longer locate this woman. He said Elvis did something special/different that day. It's interesting to note that the soundboard appears to be in the Sony vaults according to JAT. Has this tour been covered by FTD yet?

I have heard every time Elvis had a concert in Cleveland that he did a great job and since the Rock n Roll HOF is there, I would like to see FTD release this concert and a few others from Richfield Coliseum in the 70's, maybe in conjunction with focusing on Elvis at the HOF. Maybe in conjunction with an Elvis month celebration there or something. BMG did the same thing back when they released the 3 track HOF promo cd, I was there that night. They had the spectacular Dragon suit there during the celebration. That suit is amazing to see in person.

Elvis performed a small portion of the song Good time Charley's got the blues after let me be there; the tracklist is nearly the same as all other concerts from that time.

colonel snow

Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:45 pm

Quite frankly, any show from that June 1974 tour could be released and I would be thrilled. I was at both shows in Philly on Sunday, June 23, 1974. They were both terrific shows. Elvis seemed to be having a lot of fun. The shows FTD has released so far from this tour have been quite good.

rlj

Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:49 pm

I, too, am rather fond of the June 1974 tour.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Rob wrote:I, too, am rather fond of the June 1974 tour.

Why?

Just kidding.