Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Green Green Grass

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:11 pm

I have a very random question that, for someone out there, will probably (hopefully) be easy to answer.

I'm almost sure I have (but can no longer find) a version of EP doing "Green Green Grass of Home onstage in Vegas (perhaps '75) in which he extends the recitation/spoken part. As y'all know, usually he stops talking and begins singing again with the line "There's a guard and there's a sad ol' padre" but I recall (at least) once when he continued speaking the rest of that verse, and began singing again at the chorus.

Does that ring a bell for anyone who might happen to remember which show that might have been? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Re: Green Green Grass

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:51 pm

It's the title of this CD : "Green green grass of home" August 20, 1975 ?

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:18 pm

Green Green Grass of Home is as far as i know sung 3 times, all in Vegas. First at the opening show march 18th 1975 & midnight show march 22nd 1975 & dinner show august 20st 1975. thats all I remember, there is also one version released on rca Live in las vegas box and ftd Big Boss Man i think bouth cd`s have the same version from the march 22nd midnight show.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:43 am

Thanks to everyone. I'll check out those shows -- not sure if I have them or not. Thanks for the help!

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:30 pm

Is that the version where he says "As I fall out, stepped down, from the train"?

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:34 am

Yes on the dinner show august 20st 1975