Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Back In Vegas LP

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Just wanted to tell you..that all is from L.V. August 14, 1969 DS on this famous vinyl...nothing from August 22nd..as dated on the cover....
It was also released on CDR Raving In Vegas (there complete)...intros and 4 songs are missing and all dialogue between songs is cut..sound is better on the LP....also 95% of the Import The Winner Back In Vegas is from August 14th.
(BSS is 25.8.69 MS...Memories is 15.8.69 MS....and AYLT ist 24.8.69 MS..From Memphis To Vegas..)..

Re: Back In Vegas LP

Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:01 pm

I have this lp, and I don`t find any date on the cover, why is that?? is my lp not the first pressing?

Lisa LMP 69-01

c 1986 Lisa Record, made in EEC

Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:19 pm

The date should be August 22, 1969.
Isn`t it on the back cover..?

Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:38 pm

No it is not....maybe I have a new pressing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:13 am

And front cover don`t give a date either..?..I don`t have it any more....just a cdr ..so I can`t look it up..any more..

Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:10 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Just wanted to tell you..that all is from L.V. August 14, 1969 DS on this famous vinyl...nothing from August 22nd..as dated on the cover....
It was also released on CDR Raving In Vegas (there complete)...intros and 4 songs are missing and all dialogue between songs is cut..sound is better on the LP....also 95% of the Import The Winner Back In Vegas is from August 14th.
(BSS is 25.8.69 MS...Memories is 15.8.69 MS....and AYLT ist 24.8.69 MS..From Memphis To Vegas..)..

The LP release of Back In Vegas does not have a specific date on the front or back cover, the spine or on the labels. The front cover does include:

AUGUST1969AUGUST

But that's it.

Just to be clear, you are saying all of the LP tracks are from August 14, 1969 DS?

LMP 69-01 A
Blue Suede Shoes
I Got A Woman
Jailhouse Rock / Don't Be Cruel
Heartbreak Hotel
Hound Dog
Memories
Mystery Train / Tiger Man
Baby What You Want Me To Do

LMP 69-01 B
Runaway
Are You Lonesome Tonight?
Yesterday / Hey Jude
Suspicious Minds
What'd I Say

Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Yep..all is August 14, 1969 DS

...thank for for clarifying this....I sold the LP ages ago and only have a cdr of it..

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:41 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Yep..all is August 14, 1969 DS

...thank for for clarifying this....I sold the LP ages ago and only have a cdr of it..

Cool.

While we're on the subject, can you tell me which August 1969 audience tapes are the best?

Obviously, every show kicked ass, I am more curious about which tapes offer the finest audio quality and capture a complete performance.

You should make it a new topic -- it's important enough for everyone to be able to find it.

Thanks!

Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:26 pm

There aren`t so many which fullfil criteria...John...the winner should now be Vegas Variety Vol.3 (August 6, DS)..best sound IMO and almost complete but a few bits which were inserted from August 12, DS..which would be the next (Vegas Memories)..the last one should be In Dreams Of Yesterday (CDR, August 25, MS) but soundwise it`s not so good.as the formers...(we have many songs from this show released as multi track btw.)

Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:23 pm

Thanks -- I'll have to go find those discs.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:23 am

Little question, I hope you guys don't mind: what about that show with "Funny How Time Slips Away"? I don't remember a title... I guess it was a CD-R and if I'm not mistaken, the date's supposed to be 08.18 (DS?). Is the sound any good? What about the concert (or at least what's featured of it) and the song I mentioned?
Thanks.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:55 am

A really good LP boot of a 1969 show was The Return Of The Tiger Man. Great cover too even though the pics are from Feburary 1970.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:18 am

billyblues wrote:Little question, I hope you guys don't mind: what about that show with "Funny How Time Slips Away"? I don't remember a title... I guess it was a CD-R and if I'm not mistaken, the date's supposed to be 08.18 (DS?). Is the sound any good? What about the concert (or at least what's featured of it) and the song I mentioned?
Thanks.

Back On Track
Recorded live at International Hotel, August 18, 1969 DS

Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:30 pm

The sound is bad..Running time: 55:52

Baby What You Want Me To Do...In the Ghetto...Hey Jude...Funny How Time slips Away incomplete...intros missing....some dialogues cut..

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:50 am

Yup, that one! Thanks for the info, Doc and Cisco!