Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Incomplete shows on silver disc

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:43 pm

The America`s Own thread made me think about imports which are incomplete and where the missing parts of songs/dialogue/intros are not listed on the cover..the first one should now be America`s Own (Ampex) where it is NOT listed that the Piano solo is incomplete..there must be dozens of others..perhaps we can collect them here..so..please..experts and non experts..

::rocks

Re: Incomplete shows on silver disc

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:07 pm

Just pretend

The instrumental solo is shortened with 0:54 due to space time on the CD (13-12-75 midnight show)

colonel snow

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:23 pm

A complete version of this show was released on Unsurpassed Masters Vol. 4....

Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:16 am

I hate when it happens.... If the show wasn't recorded in its entirety then i understand it.
But when the bootlegger has the complete recording and he edits it here and there,that's another case.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:42 pm

Gabriel wrote:I hate when it happens.... If the show wasn't recorded in its entirety then i understand it.
But when the bootlegger has the complete recording and he edits it here and there,that's another case.

The problem was that Elvis and the band don't stop singing and playing when the bootlegger has to turn on the cassette tape while recording secretly the show; afterwards with copying these incomplete tapes songs were cut off or inserted from other shows.
The wrong tapes were used sometimes C 60 in stead of C 90 when it was needed. With copying the missing tracks from other concerts were added.
With the technics from these days you can check if a track was inserted.

colonel snow

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:45 pm

here another incomplete show:

28-09-74 College Park as released on A profile vol. 2 CD 2 has Killing me softly / When its my time as sung by Voice and Stamps Quartet cut off.

colonel snow

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:52 pm

I always thought this SB was almost complete..any more songs missing..?..
From memory..H.Hotel is incomplete.,,but I think Stamps/Voice songs were included...

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:37 pm

colonel snow wrote:here another incomplete show:

28-09-74 College Park as released on A profile vol. 2 CD 2 has Killing me softly / When its my time as sung by Voice and Stamps Quartet cut off.

colonel snow

No Henk...they are there...the AR Boken Finger has them cut out..

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:55 pm

colonel snow

Boo-hoo!

I actually don't mind hearing me some "Voice" once in a while but I can't get too bent out of shape about it, either. :lol:

Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:01 am

Ciscoking wrote:

colonel snow

No Henk...they are there...the AR Boken Finger has them cut out..

you're right; by accident I changed the titles.

colonel snow

Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:05 am

Crying time in Vegas

On the CD with 12-08-73 M the Introductions are missing; available on tape/CDR.

colonel snow

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:39 pm

But incomplete on the cdr....

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:14 pm

Ciscoking wrote:But incomplete on the cdr....

perhaps the CDR is taken from the incomplete CD.

colonel snow

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 pm

There`s only a slight difference between the import and the cdr..I just compared..the intros are almost missing on the cdr, too..only a few lines there....the rest of the tape is identical..sound almost equal , too..
To me it seems that the cdr is an undoctored tape ..the import is doctored with the intros fragment being cut ..

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi,

Adios, the final performance is heavily edited, despite the result is quite good.
I still did not had the time to listen to the version available on "TFC", but every import (with the exception of "The Last Farewell") is editing the speech after the closing vamp. Oh and yes, "The Final Farewell" is also missing tracks too...

See You

Vince