Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Re: Exceeding All Expectations?

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:56 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:He was a living legend..the fans would even have screamed if he hadn`t sung a word the whole show..he was there..that was enough..

Who, Jesus or Elvis?

I don`t know whether Jesus gave a show in 1976..if so..both of them..

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:42 pm

Hey, quit it.
This is not for Jesus CD collectors, ok?

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:21 am

Johanesson wrote:When i first listened to EAE i was very-very disappointed! Because they didn't always use my favorite source,which is maybe not the best sounding one,but that's my favorite,due to the VERY AUDIBLE fan reactions here and there.

That's interesting to hear Johanesson. I too enjoy the audience atmosphere which is often a highlight of these audience recorded shows.

Thanks for posting your impressions.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:13 am

Just to let you know that Javilu was as good as his word and has now written a review for this release. You can find it on the link below:

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/reviews/rev760509cs.htm

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=55669

Great work Javilu!

Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:48 pm

:lol: Superb 'review' from Javilou~! :wink:

Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:49 pm

The show lives up to its title. Elvis sounds tired, but not as bad as over the next few months, but he digs deep for a super long show with a varied set list with rarities, one-liners, good audience interaction and some great versions (How Great Thou Art)

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:57 pm

rickeap wrote:The show lives up to its title. Elvis sounds tired, but not as bad as over the next few months, but he digs deep for a super long show with a varied set list with rarities, one-liners, good audience interaction and some great versions (How Great Thou Art)

My thoughts exactly...next time he was as good as here was late fall....

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:40 pm

Mike S wrote:Just to let you know that Javilu was as good as his word and has now written a review for this release. You can find it on the link below:

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/reviews/rev760509cs.htm

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=55669

Great work Javilu!

Thanks Mike! You're too nice.

YDKM wrote::lol: Superb 'review' from Javilou~! :wink:

Thank you!

rickeap wrote:The show lives up to its title. Elvis sounds tired, but not as bad as over the next few months, but he digs deep for a super long show with a varied set list with rarities, one-liners, good audience interaction and some great versions (How Great Thou Art)

Yeah, I agree.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:58 am

rickeap wrote:The show lives up to its title.

....but only for 1976/1977. :cry: