Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

When will You Don't have To Say You Love Me 73' be out?

Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Does anyone know when this cd will be released?
I love the "booth" recordings!
Thanks in advance.
Glen

Re: When will You Don't have To Say You Love Me 73' be out?

Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:38 pm

It will be out within a couple of weeks.
I also love the booth recordings and i hope that S.A. will continue this great series. I want at least 10 booth recordings! Including the reissues of old,hard to find titles like Checkmate In Vegas, Midnight Special, The Profile show and others.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:53 pm

yes...faded love was quite nice.....only shame about the "buzz" sound on part of ISLICC track.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:50 pm

:D Yes i too very, VERY much looking forward to this forthcoming release out beginning of September(i think?) yes apart from a brief 'buzz' on ISLICC i found the warmth,intimacy and ambiance of the previous release SUPERB i love that kind of recording and could hear everything.Elvis seems quite genuine in his voice loss and not at all 'out of it' suct plain sick in his voice and even states that the Doctor said his voice would return in 3 days! Certainly i actually DID enjoy all the SAtamps performances and find them moving. Interesting that the Sweets refused to sing! a show i have listened to many, MANY times and such a decent recording i would almost rate it as more enjoyable than a 'dry' soundboard! :roll:

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:48 pm

YDKM wrote::D Yes i too very, VERY much looking forward to this forthcoming release out beginning of September(i think?) yes apart from a brief 'buzz' on ISLICC i found the warmth,intimacy and ambiance of the previous release SUPERB i love that kind of recording and could hear everything.Elvis seems quite genuine in his voice loss and not at all 'out of it' suct plain sick in his voice and even states that the Doctor said his voice would return in 3 days! Certainly i actually DID enjoy all the SAtamps performances and find them moving. Interesting that the Sweets refused to sing! a show i have listened to many, MANY times and such a decent recording i would almost rate it as more enjoyable than a 'dry' soundboard! :roll:

If someone here could be nice enough to post a few soundbytes, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:45 pm

speaking of soundfiles, I guess we have to await cissy´s return 8)

about the release-date: first it was announced for mid-august (this weekend to be exactly), but now it looks like we have to wait a lil longer for it.. but I´m pretty sure it´ll be worth it :!:

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:53 pm

KingElvis wrote:yes...faded love was quite nice.....only shame about the "buzz" sound on part of ISLICC track.

I AM actually glad there is a 'buzz' sound.
Because that is the sound of his 8mm camera going.
He was filming most of that song while recording, and that would be a nice piece of footage to have.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:21 pm

ekenee wrote:
KingElvis wrote:yes...faded love was quite nice.....only shame about the "buzz" sound on part of ISLICC track.

He was filming most of that song while recording, and that would be a nice piece of footage to have.

Well-written post!

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:37 pm

Official word is it will be released before FTD's Sun Book Project. So that's anytime before the next century.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:25 pm

ekenee wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/elvis00rocks#p/u/28/cM40XDZTUMQ

Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:52 am

Anyone heard any release date ?

Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:00 am

Bilko wrote:Anyone heard any release date ?

Yes, it was said to be early August. Since then not a word. :smt017

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:17 pm

8) :roll: Yes i am often in DIRECT contact with this 'producer' but have not heard from him for 1 month....presumably he is 'very busy' and it will be out soon, but as i have heard nothing i cannot say!~ :roll:

Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:32 pm

It`ll be out soon..this I have heard two days ago..

Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:35 pm

Ciscoking wrote:It`ll be out soon..this I have heard two days ago..

And we heard the same thing late July... ;-)

Hope you're right, though, Cisco.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:36 pm

You can rely on me...(hopefully.. :lol: ..)