Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Re: A brand new label - A brand new unreleased 1972 Soundboa

Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:18 am

Rob wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:We all know Ernst would have released such a show right away.

Not sure about that, Ken. They've been sitting on the 1972 Hampton Roads roads show for nearly 40 years.

Ernst was not doing official work for Elvis Presley in 1970.

Jorgensen's at about the 20 year mark, a miracle in the record industry, and just take a look at the scores, literally scores, of incredible collections we have received through his research and vision.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:40 am

I don't knock Ernst in any way. I have an Elvis collection now that I only dreamed of thirty years ago. However, Ernst does have the power to release the above-mentioned '72 shows.

One cannot deny that it is long over-do.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:13 am

Rob wrote:I don't knock Ernst in any way.

I know that!

Rob wrote:...Ernst does have the power to release the above-mentioned '72 shows.

Power, perhaps. When sound is tied to video, other interests come in to play.

And it is unclear if he has access to the multi-tracks for them.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:49 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Rob wrote:I don't knock Ernst in any way.

I know that!

Rob wrote:...Ernst does have the power to release the above-mentioned '72 shows.

Power, perhaps. When sound is tied to video, other interests come in to play.

And it is unclear if he has access to the multi-tracks for them.

Well, he did have access to the San Antonio show multi-tracks for Close Up.

I remember reading the following excerpt from a World Wide Elvis interview. Not sure if there is currently an issue with the location of the tapes, but Ernst knew where they were a few years back:

http://www.worldwideelvis.com/ERNST_.SHTML

WWE: What about STANDING ROOM ONLY Will that ever come out?
ERNST: Under that title?

WWE: Yeah.
ERNST: I don't know. Nobody knows exactly what the album, what would have been. Joan (Deary) always told me it was meant to be a live album, not a combination of the March sessions, but when they started out recording it in Las Vegas, they actually planned to finish it as early as Knoxville on the tour. The equipment broke down in Knoxville, and then as this idea kept rolling along, suddenly came the idea of doing ELVIS ON TOUR instead, and the suddenly the idea came of Madison Square Garden, and then the ALOHA show. At no time were they ready to figure out what the hell would have been on STANDING ROOM ONLY. They only had the title and mark up art-work catalogue number, if I remember,LSP 4762, right? That doesn't mean we couldn't go in and inprincipal fabricate it. What would it have been, or what could it have been. But at this time, the 30th anniversary of ON TOUR is in 2002 so that may clash with whatever it is we're putting out that summer. Also since we are doing a THAT'S THE WAY IT IS- both Turner Entertainment and us -we will probably be waiting to see if Turner wants to do something about restoring THAT'S THE WAY IT IS. Then we may tie it in with something there. On another level, the material recorded for ELVIS ON TOUR will be made available at this stage, if not all of it. We're definitely going to take one of the concerts and mix it at some stage or some of the rehearsals, so it's not lost; we're just not ready for that yet.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:45 am

Johanesson wrote:Sony/BMG/RCA ... Only a moron would sell something to them.

Only a moron would not.

Johanesson wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:We all know Ernst would have released such a show right away.[/color]

Just like the Sun-book and the last Hayride show? :lol: :smt003 :smt006

The SUN book isn’t ready yet. It’s not something that can be rushed. But I guess you’re an idiot who wants everything now now! NOW! NOW!!! You don’t care about quality, do you?

As for the Hayride show, there may be legal/copyright issues for holding it back. A soundboard is different and cannot be compared to any of this.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:04 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:
Johanesson wrote:Sony/BMG/RCA ... Only a moron would sell something to them.

Only a moron would not.

99% of the owners of unreleased tapes think otherwise. I wonder why? :roll:

Ken Jensen wrote:
Johanesson wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:We all know Ernst would have released such a show right away.

Just like the Sun-book and the last Hayride show? :lol: :smt003 :smt006

The SUN book isn’t ready yet. It’s not something that can be rushed.

Almost all FTD's were rush releases so maybe this will be the exception? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ken Jensen wrote:But I guess you’re an idiot

You're clearly talking about yourself.

Ken Jensen wrote:You don’t care about quality, do you?

Again,you're clearly talking about yourself. You didn't like when i've heavily criticised the terrible sound quality of various FTD's like New Year's Eve, Unchained Melody and others. So i guess you're a frugal person who's completely satisfied with these faulty and substandard products.
The only person who don't care about quality is YOU.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:55 pm

jekhb76, can you give us an update or something?

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:09 pm

jekhb76, In my opinion, you should have waited till April fools' with this one....
Personally, I always' loved the King Creole colour story or the Hal Wallis Attic story.... myself. :lol:
Now those stories were great and had perfect timming, because all were annouced leading up to
April Fools'...
PEP 8)

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:26 pm

jekhb76 wrote:I would like to bring good news everyday,but that's not possible. But today I have really good news for you all! A friend of mine has bought several soundboard tapes from a private source. I can't give you the name,but i can say that this person is well known in the elvis world. For the soundboard lovers outhere, in the next couple of years,your in for a real treat. The official announcement of this new record label, and their first release,will be in the next couple of weeks. I have permission to say that their first release will be an unreleased soundboard from the november tour of 1972!!! Yes folks,santa will be early this year. So stay tuned!

Had anybody seen santa around?

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:40 pm

Oh, man!

We're just so close on this.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:44 pm

It was probably just another bunch of BS...

Sincerely MB280E

Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:06 am

Is there any news on this, or has it faded like a mirage?

Axe

Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:27 am

It's gonna happen any day.

I can just feel it in the air.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:40 am

Rob wrote:It's gonna happen any day.

I can just feel it in the air.

I hope you are right

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:53 am

You can bet your peacock shirt on it.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:01 am

Rob wrote:You can bet your peacock shirt on it.

Lol.now that was funny