Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Concerts released as bonus by FTD

Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:34 pm

FTD has released many soundboard concerts. A lot of them has some 'bonus songs'. Is there a chance that FTD will bring out the whole show?

An example:

Tucson '76:
C.C. Rider / I Got A Woman - Amen / Love Me / If You Love Me Let Me Know / You Gave Me A Mountain / All Shook Up / Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel / And I Love You So / Jailhouse Rock / Help Me / Fever / Polk Salad Annie / Band Introduction - Early Mornin' Rain - What'd I Say -Love Letters - School Days / Hurt / Burning Love / Help Me Make It Through The Night / Danny Boy / Hound Dog / Funny How Time Slips Away / Can't Help Falling In Love

May 30, 1976 Afternoon Show Odessa, TX
May 30, 1976 Evening Show Odessa, TX
Do they have the complete concerts from Odessa?

Re: Concerts released as bonus by FTD

Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:01 am

Can anybody answer my question?

Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:27 pm

It`s easy to answer...either they have the complete shows or at least parts of it. But Odessa wasn`t anything special.anyway...so it doesn`t really matter..I wouldn`t release the shows in their entirety to be honest..so pickin the best songs as bonus or as fillers is the best choice in any case..

Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Ciscoking wrote:It`s easy to answer...either they have the complete shows or at least parts of it. But Odessa wasn`t anything special.anyway...so it doesn`t really matter..I wouldn`t release the shows in their entirety to be honest..so pickin the best songs as bonus or as fillers is the best choice in any case..

What about the nice bloomington concert?

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:18 pm

Ciscoking wrote:It`s easy to answer...either they have the complete shows or at least parts of it. But Odessa wasn`t anything special.anyway...so it doesn`t really matter..I wouldn`t release the shows in their entirety to be honest..so pickin the best songs as bonus or as fillers is the best choice in any case..

What about the bonus from Forty Eight Hours To Memphis? Only two tracks from the Memphis show are released. Why don't they release the whole concert?

Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:23 pm

We already have quite a few shows from this tour. Another one would be a little too much...in a short time..the future will tell...

Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:56 pm

Cisco i understand what you mean about the Odessa concerts but we are collectors of concerts and don't we want all of them in better sound. I know 76 year has been given a gd chance from FTD but i want them all.

Omaha
Tucson
Ft Worth
New Haven
Minneapolis,
Chicago x2
Dallas
Birmingham

Tbh that isnt that much the Bootleggers have been releasing more. I wanna hear a few concerts that we haven't had releases anyway. Like a concert from San Diego, Lubbock, Fayettville, Anaheim. Oh i want them all lol. Ok Anaheim is on cdr which i have like urself but it would be nice to hear the sb version.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:32 pm

xmascarrol wrote:Cisco i understand what you mean about the Odessa concerts but we are collectors of concerts and don't we want all of them in better sound. I know 76 year has been given a gd chance from FTD but i want them all.

Omaha
Tucson
Ft Worth
New Haven
Minneapolis,
Chicago x2
Dallas
Birmingham

Tbh that isnt that much the Bootleggers have been releasing more. I wanna hear a few concerts that we haven't had releases anyway. Like a concert from San Diego, Lubbock, Fayettville, Anaheim. Oh i want them all lol. Ok Anaheim is on cdr which i have like urself but it would be nice to hear the sb version.

I Want them all as well. I'd love to have the Anaheim on CD by FTD. I hope that's gonna happen in the future. ::rocks

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:37 pm

This is an list of FTD's with bonus songs from another soundboard concert wich isn't released in it's entirely:
Tuscon ‘76
It’s midnight
Closing night
Southern nights
America
Live in LA
A Minnesota moment
High sierra
In florida

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:30 pm

I thought you told us every show has its merits ...

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:15 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

I think he means FTD thinks odessa wasn't anything special.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:28 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Every show had one or two highlights..but two highlights don`t necessarily make a good show.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:48 pm

The two I would most like to see released in full:

May 12 MS 1973 (bonus tracks on Takin' Tahoe Tonight)
March 31 1975 MS (bonus tracks on Big Boss Man)

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:29 am

charro1971 wrote:The two I would most like to see released in full:

May 12 MS 1973 (bonus tracks on Takin' Tahoe Tonight)
March 31 1975 MS (bonus tracks on Big Boss Man)

I would love to have them released in full.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:32 am

Ciscoking wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Every show had one or two highlights..but two highlights don`t necessarily make a good show.

New haven was not a good show and Amarillo '77 wasn't a good show, but they're released.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:58 pm

vinelvis wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

New haven was not a good show and Amarillo '77 wasn't a good show, but they're released.

The difference is, they were released to cover those tours. The May/June 1976 tour is covered already.

That said, I wouldn't mind getting Odessa as a twofer, mostly because of the unique mix on at least the afternoon show. "See See Rider", anyone?

Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:06 pm

vinelvis wrote:This is an list of FTD's with bonus songs from another soundboard concert wich isn't released in it's entirely:
Tuscon ‘76
It’s midnight
Closing night
Southern nights
America
Live in LA
A Minnesota moment
High sierra
In florida

The list is much longer than this. I'll Help you:

The Impossible Dream
An American Trilogy
Summer Festival
I'll Remember You
Takin' Tahoe Tonight!
Closing Night (technically reel-to-reel, not soundboard)
I Found My Thrill
Sold Out!
Forty-Eight Hours to Memphis
Live in LA
High Sierra
Fashion for a King
From Sunset to Las Vegas
It's Midnight!
Dragonheart
Big Boss Man
Elvis in Hollywood
Dixieland Rocks
Southern Nights
Dixieland Delight
Another Saturday Night
America
Tucson '76
New Haven '76
A Minnesota Moment
Unchained Melody
Amarillo '77

You're welcome!

Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:23 pm

wow Ken
is it really that much?
hope they see the light some day :)

Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:50 pm

Makaveli wrote:wow Ken
is it really that much?

Yes, it is truly that many. And, no, they will not all be released. The market isn't big enough for that. Plus, there's no way we'll live long enough for Sony to release them all in our lifetime.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:12 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:
vinelvis wrote:This is an list of FTD's with bonus songs from another soundboard concert wich isn't released in it's entirely:
Tuscon ‘76
It’s midnight
Closing night
Southern nights
America
Live in LA
A Minnesota moment
High sierra
In florida

The Impossible Dream
An American Trilogy
Summer Festival
I'll Remember You
Takin' Tahoe Tonight!
I Found My Thrill
Sold Out!
Live in LA
High Sierra
Fashion for a King
From Sunset to Las Vegas
It's Midnight!
Dragonheart
Big Boss Man
Elvis in Hollywood
Dixieland Rocks
Southern Nights
Dixieland Delight
Another Saturday Night
America
Tucson '76
New Haven '76
A Minnesota Moment
Unchained Melody
Amarillo '77

You're welcome!

Wow that's an impressive list! Thanks.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:14 pm

is it really that much?

I would love to have them all complete!

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:15 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:
is it really that much?

Yes, it is truly that many. And, no, they will not all be released. The market isn't big enough for that. Plus, there's no way we'll live long enough for Sony to release them all in our lifetime.

That's a pitty, but I hope that some of them will be released.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:58 am

Aren't some tapes damaged on certain shows?

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:51 am

ritchie valens wrote:Aren't some tapes damaged on certain shows?

Yes.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:44 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:
Tuscon ‘76
It’s midnight
Closing night
Southern nights
America
Live in LA
A Minnesota moment
High sierra
In florida

The Impossible Dream
An American Trilogy
Summer Festival
I'll Remember You
Takin' Tahoe Tonight!
I Found My Thrill
Sold Out!
Live in LA
High Sierra
Fashion for a King
From Sunset to Las Vegas
It's Midnight!
Dragonheart
Big Boss Man
Elvis in Hollywood
Dixieland Rocks
Southern Nights
Dixieland Delight
Another Saturday Night
America
Tucson '76
New Haven '76
A Minnesota Moment
Unchained Melody
Amarillo '77

You're welcome!

Reel-to-reel is mentioned to cite the source and let fans know it is a superior source than cassette. But, if I am not mistaken most soundboard recordings originated on pro reel to reel. But, most were transfered to cassette (losing quality in the process) to distribute to musicians etc. They are all (regardless of source) soundboard recordings /from the mixing desk. Thanks for the list!