Elvis hotels on tour

(Closed, Archive only)Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes. (Closed, Archive only)

Moderators: Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
EPFAN1972
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Elvis hotels on tour

Post by EPFAN1972 »

I was wandering if anyone knows the hotel Elvis used in Hampton Roads Va in 72? In fact is there a "go to source" that would contain this info for different cities through the 70's. My addictive hobby of visiting concert venues has expanded to finding any of the old hotels where he stayed. If in fact they are still there. Also, does anyone know where he stayed in Little Rock 72 for EOT. I see on this site where its said he stayed within one mile of the coliseum. Thanks so much.

Sugarfoot
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Re: Elvis hotels on tour

Post by Sugarfoot »

Elvis arrived into Hampton on 2.30 PM on April 9 1972, and went to Sheraton Coliseum Inn, which was located a couple of blocks from the Hampton Coliseum. However, he didn't stay there overnight. After the evening show, he left for Richmond and its John Marshall Hotel, where he occupied the 8th floor. He would spend the next two nights there.

In Little Rock he stayed at the Magnolia Inn, located only 5 minutes away from the Barton Coliseum.

Lawrence
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Post by Lawrence »

Sugarfoot on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:23 pm wrote:Elvis arrived into Hampton on 2.30 PM on April 9 1972, and went to Sheraton Coliseum Inn However, he didn't stay there overnight.
Sugarfoot wrote:After the evening show, he left for Richmond and its John Marshall Hotel, where he occupied the 8th floor. He would spend the next two nights there.
Sugarfoot wrote:In Little Rock he stayed at the Magnolia Inn, located only 5 minutes away from the Barton Coliseum.

Topic author
EPFAN1972
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by EPFAN1972 »

Thank you to everyone who replied to me about this. I appreciate it. Does anyone know if the Magnolia still exists?

Lawrence
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Post by Lawrence »

EPFAN1972 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:13 am wrote:Does anyone know if the Magnolia still exists?
Magnolia still exists however, it is now a retirement center.

Check out this great topic from 2008 that shows T.H Barton Colesium and Magnolia:

T.H Barton Coliseum, Little Rock, AR (MEMO: MANY PHOTOS) —> http://elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36194