Chicago - June 1972

(Closed, Archive only)Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes. (Closed, Archive only)

Moderators: Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
toonelvis
Registered for: 9 years 9 months

Chicago - June 1972

Post by toonelvis »

Hi all

Just been checking the wonderful elvisoncd.com site and looking at Chicago June 16th & 17th 1972 set list. The set list for 17th in particular looks great with (rare for ‘72?) performances of One Night, It’s Now or Never and My Babe

I’m a huge fan of MSG 1972 as I’m sure other members are. These two concerts less than a week after no doubt rock.

There are records of AR recordings in poor quality for both these concerts, but I wondered does anyone know if better quality AR or ideally SB’s exist? Any chance of an FTD double cd release for Chicago 1972?

Apologies if this has come up previously. I did a quick search and couldn’t easily spot much but I could have missed it too

Thanks!

Robert
Registered for: 19 years 9 months

Re: Chicago - June 1972

Post by Robert »

Let's hope Straight Arrow finds a better source..
There are no soundboard recordings in circulation and don't expect FTD to come up with this kind of material.

Agree the tour was great, the MSG shows historic and Chicago setlist is really exciting indeed.
Checked out My Babe and even though the audio is poor, the version equals the '69 renditions as far as I'm concerned.

Ciscoking
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Ciscoking »

Robert on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:58 pm wrote:Let's hope Straight Arrow finds a better source..
There are no soundboard recordings in circulation and don't expect FTD to come up with this kind of material.

Agree the tour was great, the MSG shows historic and Chicago setlist is really exciting indeed.
Checked out My Babe and even though the audio is poor, the version equals the '69 renditions as far as I'm concerned.
This version in clear sound would beat any 1969 version.

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Topic author
toonelvis
Registered for: 9 years 9 months

Post by toonelvis »

Ciscoking on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:58 pm wrote:
Robert on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:58 pm wrote:Let's hope Straight Arrow finds a better source..

This version in clear sound would beat any 1969 version.
Yes I listened to it too and from that small clip it sounds very good! Here’s hoping Straight Arrow or someone else find these in better quality! Thanks for your reply guys, I appreciate it.

rlj4ep
Registered for: 19 years 8 months
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

That would be great if a soundboard of any of those Chicago shows surfaced. From what I've read and heard, Elvis gave 3 outstanding performances in "The Windy City" on that tour. Your point is well taken, toonelvis, about the set list for the show on the 17th.

Isn't the show on the 17th the show where one of the speakers makes a loud explosion-type sound?

rlj

Ciscoking
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Ciscoking »

Yep on the AS that day while Johnny B. Goode...

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !