Who is Ginger talking about in this interview from 02

In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
dr borgo
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Who is Ginger talking about in this interview from 02

Post by dr borgo »

Please forgive me for possibly asking a newbie question. :oops: Ginger and Rosemary talk about their disdain for an employee of Elvis' in this interview. (about halfway down the page) http://www.elvisnews.com/articles.aspx/ginger-alden-interview/192 Can someone tell me who it is they are talking about?

Whether you're black or white, whether you're country, redneck or a freak, young or old, from Moscow to London or Memphis, Elvis Presley will still be the King of rock 'n' roll

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Re: Who is Ginger talking about in this interview from 02

Post by rjm »

dr borgo wrote:Please forgive me for possibly asking a newbie question. :oops: Ginger and Rosemary talk about their disdain for an employee of Elvis' in this interview. (about halfway down the page) http://www.elvisnews.com/articles.aspx/ginger-alden-interview/192 Can someone tell me who it is they are talking about?
Welcome! And it's a good question, if you accept everything they are saying as truthful. And when you read on down, and recall the mother's lawsuit regarding "Elvis promised me a HOUSE," well . . . it's up to the individual to decide.

If they actually were engaged, why didn't Elvis introduce her, ON TV, as "my fiance, Ginger"? Instead, he said, in '77, on the CBS EIC special: "my girlfriend, Ginger."

One more thing. Myrna Smith, the late great member of the Sweet Inspirations, who knew Elvis a lot longer than Ginger, and due to her relationship with Jerry Schilling (and her closeness to Elvis in general), is a worthy source of information. And she told an interviewer what she thought about Miss Alden. The interviewer mentioned that Ginger might have been young and naive. Myrna said "she was young, but she was not naive."

It's up to one's own estimation of the situation, I guess. I have no idea who she's talking about. Could be anyone - or several, and no telling if it was true.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

rjm (Disclaimer: Rosemary has "friended" me on Facebook, but I have not spoken to her nor had any contact {I can see there's not much in common} -- it just sort of happened - today I got "friended" by AJ Weberman! Don't ask, folks, don't ask. Facebook is . . . a different world that I do not entirely understand.)

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

Mike Eder
Registered for: 19 years 8 months

Post by Mike Eder »

Dick Grob

Mike Eder

Topic author
dr borgo
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by dr borgo »

Thanks Mike. I looked at Dick Grob's website and noticed that he is using the TCB slogan and logo. I would have figured EPE had that trademarked years ago. :?

Whether you're black or white, whether you're country, redneck or a freak, young or old, from Moscow to London or Memphis, Elvis Presley will still be the King of rock 'n' roll

GetLow
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by GetLow »

Over the years I've noticed that they have an excuse for everything they did or said. Always to make them seem innocent. She only gave the National Enquirer interview because they were told the paper was going to do a story anyway. They only gave the Memphis newspaper interview because their house was being swarmed. She did the Legend movie without knowing the similarities in Elvis' life. They only sued because Elvis told them he wanted to buy them a house....then did the pool.
Dick Grob has most definitely lied about things over the years. No saint by any means either.
Elvis did have people who truly loved him though. I just don't believe Ginger was one of them.

roustabout2014
Registered for: 9 years 11 months

Post by roustabout2014 »

I feel sorry for Ginger, I think she may be one of the most misunderstood people in Elvis history. Go back to 76-77, what was she 19/20? Elvis was a world weary 41/42 year old in bad health, living the most bizarre life, and he as good as demanded Ginger had a relationship with him. Of course it was her sister the Alden mother originally wanted Elvis to choose but it was Ginger who got his attention (not hard to see why, she was and still is absolutely beautiful).

Did she love him? Probably not. Did she care? I would say so yes. In the good times with him it may have seemed like a romantic fairytale she was swept along in. In the bad times it may have seemed like a nightmare that she had no life experience to have a hope in hell of dealing with. At this point did any woman who Elvis had in his life stand a chance - no.

She could have cashed in a ton over the years, she was there, she was the last to see him, to speak to him, maybe she could have been the one to fill in the blanks of what his life was like the final few months. Only billy Smith was as close as Ginger was and he did love Elvis so he has always spoke only respectful of his cousin. Perhaps given the forum had she chosen to take it Ginger could have told exactly the life Elvis led. But shes held her piece, held her dignity and not cashed in, only her and Linda have done this really.

Nearly 40 years later and not a bad word word about Elvis has left her lips, I for one am very excited about her upcoming book, surely the most eagerly awaited since Priscilla back in the 80s.

Mountain Misst

Post by Mountain Misst »

I think what Myrna Smith said, as quoted above by rjm, sums the situation up perfectly, including the other comments. Very astute.

Rosemary has shown how the Alden family's culture is.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Mountain Misst wrote:I think what Myrna Smith said, as quoted above by rjm, sums the situation up perfectly, including the other comments. Very astute.

Did you just post this on FECC yesterday?

"Kindness goes a long way."

Seems you don't practice what you preach. ;-)

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Mountain Misst

Post by Mountain Misst »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:I think what Myrna Smith said, as quoted above by rjm, sums the situation up perfectly, including the other comments. Very astute.

Did you just post this on FECC yesterday?

"Kindness goes a long way."

Seems you don't practice what you preach. ;-)

You are perfectly correct, that comment was very ungracious of me.

It will be wonderful if we are all kind from now on, including me ;)

HAPPIES
Registered for: 9 years 9 months

Post by HAPPIES »

Dick Grob. He put the hard word on quite a few of the woman over the years, including Ginger. My friend said of Grob, "He thought because he worked for Elvis he should have the same privileges."

Dr. Nic's son, Dean has since spoken to Ginger and actually apologized for making a lot of assumptions about her, and particularly how she behaved the day Elvis died. He was responsible for telling his father things that were just not true.

That was Grob's influence on Dean. See how easily distortions become "facts".

HAPPIES.

elvisjock
Registered for: 20 years 3 months

Post by elvisjock »

RJM, are you still Facebook friends with Rosemary? I was friends with her, for about four days. She discovered I was also friends with Dr. Nick, fired off a Nastygram, and blocked me.

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

JaneTLC
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by JaneTLC »

She discovered I was an atheist and that I didn't like Elvis portrayed as an angel in crappy photoshops and deleted me, so did her sister.
That's the short version of the story.

The long version would make a book longer and more interesting than Ginger's, and a lot of people would be able to contribute in detail.
Short answer: you're better off well away from the Alden clan.

I don't believe rjm is still a friend of the Rosemary, but you'd have to ask her that.

In answer to the original question, which I see is from a while back, it could be anyone, as they don't seem to have a good word for any of the insiders, except the Stanleys, when it is convenient to both parties.

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Post by rjm »

JaneTLC wrote:She discovered I was an atheist and that I didn't like Elvis portrayed as an angel in crappy photoshops and deleted me, so did her sister.
That's the short version of the story.

The long version would make a book longer and more interesting than Ginger's, and a lot of people would be able to contribute in detail.
Short answer: you're better off well away from the Alden clan.

I don't believe rjm is still a friend of the Rosemary, but you'd have to ask her that.

In answer to the original question, which I see is from a while back, it could be anyone, as they don't seem to have a good word for any of the insiders, except the Stanleys, when it is convenient to both parties.
Dear God, NO. I don't think I was ever a friend of her's. I joined their group when it was first formed. That's about it. I very rarely participated. When they started their ugly deeds against some of my actual friends, I left the group.

As for that horrendous page they created, my name (not photo) was on it for about a day or two. I calmly and firmly threatened certain legal action and next time I checked, my name had disappeared.

Bunch of crude, vulgar, hypocritical and cowardly characters in that camp. That's not unkind; it's just the truth. You had to see it to believe it.

Fortunately, it's all in the past once again and I never think about them. But then again, I was one of the lucky ones who slipped just under their radar. I didn't get the full treatment.

rjm

Sent via my most phabulous phablet, the Galaxy Note 4

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

promiseland
Registered for: 13 years

Post by promiseland »

Elvis bought and paid for that relationship end of story...