In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

SANDI: Did Elvis ever comment on his film career?

Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:11 am

Did he ever mention what movie he was proud of or satisfied most with his work? In "King Creole" he had a great director, did he ever mention any details towards the personnel working with him in Hollywood?

Thanks, Emilio

Re: SANDI: Did Elvis ever comment on his film career?

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:28 pm

TINML wrote:Did he ever mention what movie he was proud of or satisfied most with his work? In "King Creole" he had a great director, did he ever mention any details towards the personnel working with him in Hollywood?

Thanks, Emilio

**The only time he ever mentioned the movies it was self mocking - he wasn't happy having to do them and he'd think out loud about someday getting a "meaty" part - a good acting challenge. I don't remember where or when he mentioned it but he really enjoyed doing King Creole so it's funny you should mention that particular movie. He'd normally comment on his co-stars more than the actual movie (and who can blame him-there wasn't much to comment on plot-wise) I always thought it was interesting on how, after one day on the set, he was pretty much able to sum up the personality of whoever he was working with and after the fact always proved him right.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:59 pm

DutchLA wrote:
TINML wrote:Did he ever mention what movie he was proud of or satisfied most with his work? In "King Creole" he had a great director, did he ever mention any details towards the personnel working with him in Hollywood?

Thanks, Emilio

**The only time he ever mentioned the movies it was self mocking - he wasn't happy having to do them and he'd think out loud about someday getting a "meaty" part - a good acting challenge. I don't remember where or when he mentioned it but he really enjoyed doing King Creole so it's funny you should mention that particular movie. He'd normally comment on his co-stars more than the actual movie (and who can blame him-there wasn't much to comment on plot-wise) I always thought it was interesting on how, after one day on the set, he was pretty much able to sum up the personality of whoever he was working with and after the fact always proved him right.

We all feel the pain he felt, poor guy.

So he was a pretty good judge of character then.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:01 pm

So he was a good judge of character would you say?

He seemed to stick with what HE wanted rather than what everyone else wanted, and that makes sense that you should say that. Larry Gellar being an example. He was ousted by practiclly everyone, but in the end, Elvis had him back on the scene.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:43 am

Thanks for the response, Sandi! :D

Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:09 am

People make fun of his movies but I always enjoyed most of them.

In the 60's people would flock to see them every weekend at the Drive Inn Movie Theaters.