ELVIS SONG LIST

In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Elvis A. Presley
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

ELVIS SONG LIST

Post by Elvis A. Presley »

Hi everybody.
I Always wonder about the song list to do on stage.
Personally, for the 1969-1970 season, I would have chosen big hits like " Wearin' That Loved On Look" instead of "Rubberneckin'" for example.
There were so many songs Elvis could have done live ... and give them a wonderful rendition.
I think also to " It Hurts Me " and many many others.
For the late seventies, WHAT was the reason for doing EVERY NIGHT See See Rider, I Got A Woman, Love Me and so on ?
It was a publishing matters ?
I mean, Elvis HAD to do those songs so he could take his own money, being the owner of the song copyrights ?
Can someone please explain me that ?
Personally after night of singing See See Rider, I would have been a little bored ....... Imagine Elvis !!!!!!!

dreambear
Registered for: 19 years 1 month

Re: ELVIS SONG LIST

Post by dreambear »

Elvis A. Presley wrote:Hi everybody.
Personally, for the 1969-1970 season, I would have chosen big hits like " Wearin' That Loved On Look" instead of "Rubberneckin'" for example.
There were so many songs Elvis could have done live ... and give them a wonderful rendition.
For the late seventies, WHAT was the reason for doing EVERY NIGHT See See Rider, I Got A Woman, Love Me and so on ?
I mean, Elvis HAD to do those songs so he could take his own money, being the owner of the song copyrights ?
Personally after night of singing See See Rider, I would have been a little bored ....... Imagine Elvis !!!!!!!
Hi!

Wearin´that loved on look is a great album track, but hardly a hit. It was not even a single, but Rubberneckin´ was at least the flip side of a single.

The routine of See see rider, I got a woman etc, was a sign of laziness from Elvis. But we should also remember that his audience gave ovations to Elvis when he singed these songs. He tried to do a change of the setlist august 19 1974, and the audience didn´t react as positive as Elvis wanted and the next day he was back in to his old routine. Sad but true.

Kind regards

Björn

Mitch
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Mitch »

dreambear wrote:
Hi!

Wearin´that loved on look is a great album track, but hardly a hit. It was not even a single, but Rubberneckin´ was at least the flip side of a single.

The routine of See see rider, I got a woman etc, was a sign of laziness from Elvis. But we should also remember that his audience gave ovations to Elvis when he singed these songs. He tried to do a change of the setlist august 19 1974, and the audience didn´t react as positive as Elvis wanted and the next day he was back in to his old routine. Sad but true.

Kind regards

Björn

Yes I agree, it is sad but true.

A change in the set list would have been great.

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

Elvis did sing different opening songs, like Big boss man, plus a different setlist. But the audience did not appreciate it!
(see "The request box show" LP/CD)
It's the same singer and the same songs, but a new audience!

Mitch
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Mitch »

Just think how good it would have been if Elvis would have done songs like:

Too Much

Treat Me Nice

Anyway You Want Me

I Want You, I Need You, I Love You

Hopefully he would not have rushed them like he did other 50's classics.

poormadpeter

Post by poormadpeter »

dreambear wrote:
Hi!

Kind regards

Björn
The audience weren't appreciative but, despite the fact that this is a special show for fans, Elvis was really not on great form. It's more memorable for the tracklist than for the performance - compare it to the memphis show just a few months earlier and the energy levels are much depleted.

Big Boss Man
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Big Boss Man »

See See Rider is a cool song to open with, but I do wish he'd tossed in some others along the way throughout the mid 70's such as Promised Land, I Got My Mojo Working, Whole Lotta Shaking Going On, or T.R.O.U.B.L.E.

Imagine hearing the 2001 intro then Elvis strolling on stage, grabbing his guitar and then launching in to one of these and then afterwards going in to something like Raised On Rock, Way Down, Mean Woman Blues, U.S. Male, or Old Shep (just seeing if anyone is paying attention :P )