In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Vic's Elvis Book

Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:40 am

Hello Elvis Fans

You’ve waited long enough, and I am still rewriting. I had a thought today, and here it is. I know many of you would like to read this story, and I hate to keep you waiting while I polish it up. Cut to the chase: for ten bucks I will email you the book as it stands. You will get the whole story, all thirty-five chapters, the appendices, the tale from beginning to end. What you won’t get is pictures of all the albums, their track listings, and some other photos that will be in the final, printed edition. I have had a meeting with a publisher, things look promising, but it could be a year or more away. I have a fellow who will lay it all out, do his digital magic, and the book should look superb.

What I will promise to those of you who elect to buy the story as it is now is this: when the book finally gets printed I will mail you a copy at my cost. Normally, the writer gets a limited number of books for free and then can buy more copies at a greatly reduced cost. I will take the number of free copies (less the obligatory number that I have to give away free to some friends) and the number I have to buy to satisfy demand and calculate the actual cost per book. It will be yours for that price. The postage in the U.S. is cheap; I don’t know what mailing costs will be to Europe and other places, but I will have to charge whatever that turns out to be. At any rate, I anticipate you will wind up paying no more, hopefully less, than you would for the printed book.

Please send the ten bucks to:

Stephen Theaker
180 Griswold St.
Glastonbury, CT 06033

I will email the orders beginning shortly after they are received. Steve will forward the orders to me, I will send them out. Kindly include your mailing address for future reference. I hope this arrangement proves satisfactory to some of you out there who have been so patiently waiting.

Best to you all,

Sam/Vic

Re: Vic's Elvis Book

Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:49 am

viccolonna@gmail.com wrote:
Please send the ten bucks to:

Stephen Theaker
180 Griswold St.
Glastonbury, CT 06033


Sam/Vic


Yeah.....and if any of you people outh there have another $10.- left....please send it to me.
I need at least 8.....so I can pay for the latest Tunzi book ....Elvis Gold.
The first 8 will be getting a personal "Thank You" from me !!!!
:smt003 :smt003

Re: Vic's Elvis Book

Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:20 am

Pourlemoment wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:
viccolonna@gmail.com wrote:
Please send the ten bucks to:

Stephen Theaker
180 Griswold St.
Glastonbury, CT 06033


Sam/Vic


Yeah.....and if any of you people outh there have another $10.- left....please send it to me.
I need at least 8.....so I can pay for the latest Tunzi book ....Elvis Gold.
The first 8 will be getting a personal "Thank You" from me !!!!
:smt003 :smt003


There really is no need for that sort of talk.

Although I don't know Vic personnally, he is well known in the Elvis world and has an excellent reputation. In fact some members here have already had the luck to read a draft of this book.

Sylvie


As far as I know I did not make any comments on his book.....so.....

Re: Vic's Elvis Book

Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:38 am

I just got a message from a friend that it would be more convenient to pay by paypal or credit card. So right. Anyone wishing to pay that way can send it to Paul Dowling at Worldwide Elvis. I'll get the exact info and post it. Now I have to tell Paul I just made more work for him.

And as for that caustic comment by Sun Hero that I didn't quite understand: Hey Sonny, you're no hero to anyone but yourself. If you were implying this is not a legitimate offer I can only assume you feel slighted because a book on Elvis is being offered and you're only in the second week of the remedial reading course at your local high school. So get someone to read it to you.

Best to all, you're my heroes,

Sam

Re: Vic's Elvis Book

Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:58 am

viccolonna@gmail.com wrote:I just got a message from a friend that it would be more convenient to pay by paypal or credit card. So right. Anyone wishing to pay that way can send it to Paul Dowling at Worldwide Elvis. I'll get the exact info and post it. Now I have to tell Paul I just made more work for him.

And as for that caustic comment by Sun Hero that I didn't quite understand: Hey Sonny, you're no hero to anyone but yourself. If you were implying this is not a legitimate offer I can only assume you feel slighted because a book on Elvis is being offered and you're only in the second week of the remedial reading course at your local high school. So get someone to read it to you.

Best to all, you're my heroes,

Sam


Well the way I understood it sam was that Sun Hero thinks your book is a bargain compared to say Tunzis for instance and he was saying that because it was so cheap people may be able to help him out to buy Tunzis latest book called Gold.

Is that right Sun Hero or have I misunderstood your post too?

Re: Vic's Elvis Book

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:14 am

You're right LD.....but see my post more as a joke....not even serious.
And Sam....lighten' up dude !!!! You're book is not even published yet!!!!
If you are so sharp with your comments to me ,I don't know what you will do if some of the hardcore critics here on the board will read and evaluate your book....and maybe correct you.
Are you gonna tell 'em to go back to kindergarden because they can't read?
Time will tell !!! :wink: :wink:

Re: Vic's Elvis Book

Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:38 pm

okay, you're my hero now, sun king. i love criticism, any and all. serious? me? nah. your post misled myself and others. hey, with an iq bubbling around room temperature, it's tough to interpret everythin kurrecitally, but i try.

critics can savage or praise. that's their mission. that's why they make chocolate and vanilla.

maybe if i had known about the book you referenced i would have 'gotten it'.

best, sam

Re: Vic's Elvis Book

Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:32 am

i recently saw this message:

Vic- Many EP music fans like myself love and appreciate what you did years ago with the releases of rare Elvis recordings-but PLEASE keep your militant political views to yourself--this is a forum to discuss ELVIS PRESLEY, not bash world leaders and argue political issues..many of us come here to get AWAY from all that BS and enjoy a hobby...we respect your right to have and voice your political opinions--just not here,please. Looking forward to your book

SORRY, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY, READ SOMETHING ELSE. I DO NOT PLAN TO CHANGE MY OPINIONS (UNLESS I FIND I HAVE BEEN WRONG AND FACTS ARE MADE EVIDENT TO ILLUSTRATE SUCH) OR MY COMPULSION TO SAY WHAT I WANT, WHERE I WANT, AND WHEN I WANT (PROVIDED IT IS DONE SO TASTEFULLY, RESPECTFULLY, AND WITH MALICE TOWARD SOME)

AS FOR CALLING ME 'MILITANT', WHY SON, WHAR I COME FROM THEM THAR'S FIGHTIN' WORDS. I REKKUN I SHOULD KEEP MY SQUIRREL GUN HANDY IN CASE YOU COME INTO MY NECK OF THE WOODS.

GOTTA GO, LATE FOR A JOHN BIRCH SOCIETY MEETING.

SAM

BEST, SAM

Re: Vic's Elvis Book

Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:48 am

Hi sam!