In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

SANDI: Did Elvis play his own records?

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:38 pm

Did he ever play any of his records while you were around, and how did he react while they were on? Was he proud of his older recordings or genuinely more interested in "the now" so to speak i.e. where he was at musically at the time?

THANKS

Re: SANDI: Did Elvis play his own records?

Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:28 am

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Did he ever play any of his records while you were around, and how did he react while they were on? Was he proud of his older recordings or genuinely more interested in "the now" so to speak i.e. where he was at musically at the time?

THANKS

**You know, I don't think I ever heard him play his own records ..... ever. I imagine he must have but I was never around when he did. The few occasions I was in the car with him , he'd have the radio on to the soft rock station and he'd many times sing along to the current songs. Don't recall any of his songs being played but it would have been interesting to see if he would have turned the station, sang along, or just ignored it. I don't recall seeing any of his records
at the house either even though there were stacks of everyone else's records.

Re: SANDI: Did Elvis play his own records?

Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:59 am

That's kinda interesting and what I expected to hear. I cut some tracks years ago that I wrote but never listen to them unless someone asks to hear them. And when I DO play them for someone, I feel uncomfortable and sorta pace around or go in the kitchen to make a drink. I imagine Elvis being like this.

Soft rock station eh? That's interesting. What time period was this Sandi?

What records, or type of records, did he tend to play (if any) when you were around? Did he tend to have obsessive periods over a particular album and play it all the time for example?

Thanks again! ::rocks