In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Sandi: Who were the pals in Elvis' crew?

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi again sandi

Just wondering if there were any clicks in the Elvis crew? Whenever a group of people spend lots of time together, they are bound to form littgle clicks, i.e. certain ones get along much better then they do with other members of the group.

Who were Charlies best buddies for example, and Red, Jerry etc. And just how did Vernon fit in with it all? We're aware of the dodgy relation ship with Vernon and the Wests, but generally, how did he fit in?

Thanks.

Re: Sandi: Who were the pals in Elvis' crew?

Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:28 pm

[quote="Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man"]Hi again sandi

Just wondering if there were any clicks in the Elvis crew? Whenever a group of people spend lots of time together, they are bound to form littgle clicks, i.e. certain ones get along much better then they do with other members of the group.

***Oddly enough - the cliques today are pretty much the same as what they were while Elvis was alive although not as obvious back then. Everyone got along - Elvis was the glue that held them together but once Elvis died, that's when the divide started.

Who were Charlies best buddies for example:

**Charlie pretty much got along with everyone and tried to mind his own business from what I could tell.

and Red, Jerry etc.

**Again, the ones that get along and hang out together today is pretty much the same as it was back then...Jerry was kind of a loner I'd say, Joe pretty much all business etc.

And just how did Vernon fit in with it all? We're aware of the dodgy relation ship with Vernon and the Wests, but generally, how did he fit in?

**Good question - Vernon seemed to be of the mind that everyone was always taking advantage of Elvis and had no qualms in saying so. Oddly enough he didn't seem to mind the fans and always went out of his way for them but he sure was a old fashioned sort of guy in many ways.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Thanks Sandi!

Interesting what you say about Vernon. What kind of relationship did he and Elvis appear to have, at least in front of people? How for instance did Elvis react to Vernon's money worries and his doubts about the others in the group?

And how about Vernon's mother! How did she fit in?

I like you're responses. Very in depth. Thanks!!! Hope you enjoyed Holland!

ANDY

Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:29 am

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Thanks Sandi!

Interesting what you say about Vernon. What kind of relationship did he and Elvis appear to have, at least in front of people? How for instance did Elvis react to Vernon's money worries and his doubts about the others in the group?

And how about Vernon's mother! How did she fit in?

I like you're responses. Very in depth. Thanks!!! Hope you enjoyed Holland!

ANDY

**Vernon's mom? I did not know her since most of my time around Elvis and his people was in Beverly Hills...not so much Memphis.