In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Re: that bleepin' bootleg book

Tue May 19, 2009 3:37 pm

Hmmm, the great memories from days gone by. Back in the day, I would bring in four or five copies of each issue from Vic and the boys, and take them out to record swaps in Edmonton Alberta, and the Elvis fans were amazed, they had no idea these LP'S existed, so needless to say they had to have copies, and were very willing to part with numerous amounts of money, and I of course was very willing to keep them happy, so Thanks for all the great memories. It was a great ride.

Tue May 19, 2009 5:27 pm

Thank you for that link, LD. Lovely stuff.

TJ, I’m not interested in debating this further, but I will tell you this. If Vic sends out a press release that looks like that, no one would take him seriously in the real world, so please put a zip on it.

Tue May 19, 2009 6:53 pm

If Vic sends out a press release that looks like that, no one would take him seriously in the real world, so please put a zip on it.

Did you read his original post.He is saying he's not happy with the way it appears at the
moment and is looking to improve it.He has posted on an ELVIS fans forum to show us
how it's going and how he hopes to make it better,I'm sure he will.
Keep at it Vic,I'm sure it will be worth it.

norrie

Tue May 19, 2009 10:32 pm

Luuk wrote:The good thing is that nobody, not even Vic, is holding a gun to anyone's head to buy the book.

Correct, but ... why oh why did he tell me that he knows where my kids go to school? :smt102

Just kidding, Stop posting here Sam ..... back to work .... we need your book :smt023

Tue May 19, 2009 10:41 pm

VIC.......I was not around in the music world(Elvis world) during the periode you are writing about in your book, but I`ve followed your posts here on the board about your writing and I find the subbject very interesting........ ::rocks ( Without FECC, "I`ll never know"....anything, so thanks to you :D )

Wed May 20, 2009 12:35 am

Ken Jensen wrote:YAWN!

Vic, I think you stepped on the wrong train here. This is an Elvis Presley messageboard, in case you didn’t notice. Good luck with your incredibly boring and unoriginal book, though.

????????????????????????????????????

Wed May 20, 2009 12:42 am

<snip>

!
mrbthebarber:
Courtesy and Civility are Mandatory!

Wed May 20, 2009 2:43 am

I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I know it will be a very interesting , to find out how all that material escaped from the RCA Vaults, and ended up on those wonderful 12 Inchers, on the other hand, if you were not around when these beauties were coming on the market, it only makes sense that yes, you may be wondering what all the hoopla is about, so when the book comes out, grab a copy, and read all about a big slice of history in the Elvis World.

Thu May 28, 2009 1:58 am

hi folks,

i just wanted you all to know that ken jensen and i have corresponded with one another. he's a fine lad, he even promised to let me live if i used correct punctuation and capitalization.

i begged for a stay until i completed the book and he said, "NEVER! I DON'T HAVE A DOG TO TRAIN OR A BIRDCAGE TO LINE, SO WHAT DO I WANT WITH YOUR BOOK?"

thanks to all those who rallied to my support. ken and i are on good terms and, as they say, "no harm, no foul."

Thu May 28, 2009 2:41 am

Hey, don’t push your luck! I promised to let you live, didn’t I? (The nerve on that guy!) :lol:

Thu May 28, 2009 4:30 am

Okay, this is what happened. A few hours ago, a guy came to my house and introduced himself as Sam. Then he introduced me to his two friends, Mr. Right and Mr. Left. We talked things over for a while, then we agreed that I would let this Vic character live. In return, Sam promised he wouldn’t reintroduce me to his friends. Also, I have volunteered to run across America and promote his book, like I’m Forrest Gump, or something. It shouldn’t take me more than five years.