vic's progress on the book

In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Sun Hero
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: vic's progress on the book

Post by Sun Hero »

Francesc wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:
Francesc wrote::smt006
Oh Dear......another day......another smartarse.

Are you waving hello or waving goodbye francesc?
Whatever brings you more drama!
oh oh.....I feel drama comming up...... :roll:

....I get carried away very easily...emotional sonovabitch.....

Francesc

Post by Francesc »

That's what she does ... don't you think Sunhero that Vic can defend himself really well? But she has to put her nose everywhere ... Your message was clear from the beginning.

Little Darlin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

Francesc wrote:That's what she does ... don't you think Sunhero that Vic can defend himself really well? But she has to put her nose everywhere ... Your message was clear from the beginning.
Does she? Who is she exactly? Must be someone you're very interested in because you all seem to be there when there's some ''drama'' to be had.

Where's everywhere?

Know Vic do you? Obviously not otherwise you wouldn't have called him Vic. :wink: :smt006

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Sun Hero

Post by Sun Hero »

Francesc wrote:That's what she does ... don't you think Sunhero that Vic can defend himself really well? But she has to put her nose everywhere ... Your message was clear from the beginning.

You're right Francesc.....LD didn't make sense with her notes......she had to read my notes first and maybe she had to read 'em for a second time.
Anyway.....yeah, I think Vic/Sam is perfectly able to defend himself....

Francesc

Post by Francesc »

Little Darlin wrote:
Does she? Who is she exactly? Must be someone you're very interested in because you all seem to be there when there's some ''drama'' to be had.

Where's everywhere?

Know Vic do you? Obviously not otherwise you wouldn't have called him Vic. :wink: :smt006

Well since I read a couple of forums where you are then I see some of your messages. I don't know Vic at all. Read again because Sun Hero was not saying anything bad about him.

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Francesc wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:

Where's everywhere?

Well since I read a couple of forums where you are then I see some of your messages. I don't know Vic at all. Read again because Sun Hero was not saying anything bad about him.
The text I have put in bold Francesc is incorrect. You meant to say ONE other forum and whatever I have posted on there needed to be said. Now as long as I am not posting on YOUR forum, I don't think it's any of your concern.

Have a good evening Francesc as I know I will :smt006

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Sun Hero

Post by Sun Hero »

Drama is here.....BIG time.......

Francesc

Post by Francesc »

Little Darlin wrote:
Francesc wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:

Where's everywhere?

The text I have put in bold Francesc is incorrect. You meant to say ONE other forum and whatever I have posted on there needed to be said. Now as long as I am not posting on YOUR forum, I don't think it's any of your concern.

Well, whatever you want to put it, i read posts of yours in 2 forums, so it is not incorrect. So since FECC is not YOUR forum, you shouldn't be concern what Sunhero wrote. Right?

:mrgreen:

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Francesc wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:
Francesc wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:

Where's everywhere?

Well, whatever you want to put it, i read posts of yours in 2 forums, so it is not incorrect. So since FECC is not YOUR forum, you shouldn't be concern what Sunhero wrote. Right?

:mrgreen:
Touché !

You want to be grateful this isn't my forum :mrgreen:

Sun Hero

Post by Sun Hero »

Allright...1 year later.
I was wondering how vic's book is comming along?
Haven't heard nothing for a long time.
Me, being a long time bootleg collector I am serious interested in books and stories about this.
Any news Vic.....please keep us informed.
Thanks.

Topic author
viccolonna@gmail.com
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by viccolonna@gmail.com »

how's my hero? thank's for not giving up. aside from the fact that i'm not dead yet, and we'll wait for the 'phooeys' and 'aw, shucks' to subside before we continue, okay, here is what has been happening.

i do want to see this book published. a serious effort is under way to see the story turned into a film. right. fat chance. but there was little likelihood we'd find all that unreleased material. i refuse to get excited about it, but i have been lucky in life.

okay #2, i have a couple of people i may be able to get this manuscript in front of that have direct ties to the publishing industry. one, the #4 pub.

so i am pursuing it, but not full-time. i'm busy with school fall & spring, spend two plus months a year visiting children/grandchildren, and the elvis project effort is sporadic. i am also always writing tales for my book of vietnam vignettes. a different type of writing, it has received critical praise from professors, and they urge me to get it straightened out and published.

if one gets picked up, the other follows easily. so i have been working hard on vn saga for the past year, am proud of it, and have that a couple places where it might get to a person who can pass it up the ladder.

what a slow process. but neither project will suffer a loss of interest if it takes one, two, or three more years. it will get done, it must. my grandchildren have to be able to say their pop-pop the bum wrote a book. i might even sign the copy they buy.

best,vic/sam

what could have been work was fun thanks to the fans

Joe Car
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Joe Car »

viccolonna@gmail.com wrote:how's my hero? thank's for not giving up. aside from the fact that i'm not dead yet, and we'll wait for the 'phooeys' and 'aw, shucks' to subside before we continue, okay, here is what has been happening.

i do want to see this book published. a serious effort is under way to see the story turned into a film. right. fat chance. but there was little likelihood we'd find all that unreleased material. i refuse to get excited about it, but i have been lucky in life.

okay #2, i have a couple of people i may be able to get this manuscript in front of that have direct ties to the publishing industry. one, the #4 pub.

so i am pursuing it, but not full-time. i'm busy with school fall & spring, spend two plus months a year visiting children/grandchildren, and the elvis project effort is sporadic. i am also always writing tales for my book of vietnam vignettes. a different type of writing, it has received critical praise from professors, and they urge me to get it straightened out and published.

if one gets picked up, the other follows easily. so i have been working hard on vn saga for the past year, am proud of it, and have that a couple places where it might get to a person who can pass it up the ladder.

what a slow process. but neither project will suffer a loss of interest if it takes one, two, or three more years. it will get done, it must. my grandchildren have to be able to say their pop-pop the bum wrote a book. i might even sign the copy they buy.

best,vic/sam
Looking forward to your project Vic! All the best sir!

Topic author
viccolonna@gmail.com

just for the record, this is not a project i have anything to do with. wish i did, then i would have heard it all by now. i got a sample. my toes curled. the logistics are one thing accounting for the wait. paul and i had logistical problems too. some we never solved. like how to blow a hole in the side of the rca building in n.y., ransack the place, and get away with it. all those explosives still lie in wait, hoping to do some good. i'm open to suggestion. i don't have enough to finish my list, so why start?

Sun Hero

Post by Sun Hero »

viccolonna@gmail.com wrote:how's my hero? thank's for not giving up. aside from the fact that i'm not dead yet, and we'll wait for the 'phooeys' and 'aw, shucks' to subside before we continue, okay, here is what has been happening.

best,vic/sam

Allright...that makes sence. Was just wondering how far the progress was.
Will the book contain pictures of all the bootlegs.....etc.

Topic author
viccolonna@gmail.com

i sure would hope to have pix in it, especially of all the boots since i think that is important. but that will be up to the publisher. we do have a fellow who is a graphics artist whiz who can do all the set up so it could be delivered print ready. that should swing the pendulum toward including photos.

best, vic/sam

TONY
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by TONY »

[quote="viccolonna@gmail.com"]

WANT TO HELP? IF YOU HAVE ANY CATALOGUES OR FLYERS FROM THOSE DAYS I WOULD LIKE TO BORROW THEM TO PHOTOGRAPH.

quote]

Have a look at the 'promo items - scans for you' thread.