In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:50 am

DutchLA wrote:... Cybill Shepherd was my least favorite (he brought her to Palm Springs) ...

Sandi, a question: of all the women, why Cybill Shepard -- was she rude?

DutchLA wrote:Once Elvis saw that the "reporters" were watching he grabbed Charlie and laid one on him...

And another piece of the Charlie Hodge mystery falls neatly into place.

Thanks for that story, Sandi!

Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:42 am

Hey Sandi (DutchLA), nice to see you posting over here.

Looking forward to your next book with Bud Glass........

I have a question for you?

What year did you stop taking pictures of Elvis?

PEP 8)

Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:59 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
DutchLA wrote:... Cybill Shepherd was my least favorite (he brought her to Palm Springs) ...

Sandi, a question: of all the women, why Cybill Shepard -- was she rude?

***No, I wouldn't say she was rude - just VERY aloof and cold. Did not acknowledge anyone, and that even included Elvis who was trying to be affectionate with her and she was pretty much just a cold fish, almost like she felt he was annoying her. I wasn't the only one who got that impression either. She didn't talk to anyone at the dinner table even though everyone was trying to bring her into the conversation-she just ate and acted like she was bored. Very uncomfortable! Hopefully her personality returned when she was alone with Elvis.

DutchLA wrote:Once Elvis saw that the "reporters" were watching he grabbed Charlie and laid one on him...

And another piece of the Charlie Hodge mystery falls neatly into place.

***Ok, I have to ask....what mystery??????

Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:01 pm

PEP wrote:Hey Sandi (DutchLA), nice to see you posting over here.

Looking forward to your next book with Bud Glass........

I have a question for you?

What year did you stop taking pictures of Elvis?

PEP 8)

***Last photos were taken September of 76 (Palm Springs)

Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:13 pm

Sandi M.,

It is a real treat to have you here on the boards, Ma'am.

I love reading others stories of when they knew Elvis. I can just imagine the look on the reporters faces after Elvis and Charlie did the 'kissing' stunt!! That reminds me of the pic of Elvis and Don Ho that resembles Elvis and he 'kissing'.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:01 pm

Hi Sandi,
I am really enjoying your memories here an hope to read more of your times with Elvis.
I have a question too.
As you were born in Holland did you know the Col. was also from this little country and do you think Elvis knew this also ?

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:14 am

Hi Sandi and everyone who's loving this thread:

This is a marvelous read and as long as you are answering so many questions for people, as I am a Minnesota fan, when did you see him here? He was in Minneapolis in '71, and '76 (great shows) and in St. Paul in '74 and '77.

Thank you again for sharing your memories...

Steve Lecher

Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:32 pm

DutchLA wrote:

I'm assuming these were candid photo's as well.
Are the pictures of Elvis taken on the street or in his home?Have they been released before? If not, will they be in your next book, that your working on with Bud Glass?
Sandi, Speaking of Charlie Hodge, you two actually knew each other pretty good.
Right? Personal friend? You two were pretty close in the 70's or 80's...right?
Any comment's or feeling's, you would like to give on the following people.
Joe Esposito
Charlie Hodge
Lamar Fike
Sonny West
Red West
Billy Smith
Priscilla
Dr Nick
Marty Lacker
Larry Gellar
George Klein
Colonel Parker
Ed Bonja
or anyone else you can think of......that I have forgot to mention...

Thank you in advance...

PEP 8)

Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:30 pm

PEP wrote:
DutchLA wrote:

Are the pictures of Elvis taken on the street or in his home?Have they been released before? If not, will they be in your next book, that your working on with Bud Glass?
Joe Esposito
Charlie Hodge
Lamar Fike
Sonny West
Red West
Billy Smith
Priscilla
Dr Nick
Marty Lacker
Larry Gellar
George Klein
Colonel Parker
Ed Bonja
JERRY SCHILLING

Thank you in advance...

PEP 8)

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:58 am

stranger wrote:Hi Sandi,
I am really enjoying your memories here an hope to read more of your times with Elvis.
I have a question too.
As you were born in Holland did you know the Col. was also from this little country and do you think Elvis knew this also ?

*I had never heard anything about the Col. being from Holland until--can't even remember....it may have even been after Elvis' death. I didn't really keep up with the "news" so to speak except for what was in fan club newsletters and the occasional "movie Mags"

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:59 am

stevelecher wrote:Hi Sandi and everyone who's loving this thread:

This is a marvelous read and as long as you are answering so many questions for people, as I am a Minnesota fan, when did you see him here? He was in Minneapolis in '71, and '76 (great shows) and in St. Paul in '74 and '77.

Thank you again for sharing your memories...

Steve Lecher

** went to the 74 and 76 concerts. My brothers and sisters were HIGHLY impressed!

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:18 am

PEP wrote:
DutchLA wrote:

The last photos were taken in the back yard, by the pool and no, they have not been released before - I didn't even have the chance to give Elvis a copy of the last photo (I gave him copies of all photos I took). No plans to release them at this time ...

**Yes Charlie and I were very good friends from the 60's right on thru to his death. We dated off and on (when he was in Calif - ya know how that goes)
We always remained friends though ... there's some pretty funny memories of when I was dating him and Elvis was always trying to butt in (extremely funny now!!!) and payback was even more fun!

*Well I could.......let's just say, some I liked, some I didn't, one I was afraid of, and a couple I really didn't know...either because they spent most of their time in Memphis or the situation was such that I just didn't spend enough time around them to get to know them.

Joe Esposito
Charlie Hodge
Lamar Fike
Sonny West
Red West
Billy Smith
Priscilla
Dr Nick
Marty Lacker
Larry Gellar -
George Klein
Colonel Parker
Ed Bonja

Thank you in advance...

PEP 8)

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:22 am

DutchLA wrote:***Ok, I have to ask....what mystery??????

IIRC, Charlie didn't date too many women between September 1958 and August 1977.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:42 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
DutchLA wrote:***Ok, I have to ask....what mystery??????

IIRC, Charlie didn't date too many women between September 1958 and August 1977.

**I beg to differ with that one -- The first time I met Charlie he was dating a lovely gal that lived in San Bernadino named Kathy. He would spend a weekend at her home, and the next weekend she would spend with him at Elvis' home. He dated her for several years. I think she was the most serious relationship he had for a long time. I could name about a dozen others between LA and Memphis over the years; several of whom I got to know fairly well. There was only one gal I didn't like (no one did) but of course he didn't listen and got the round of "I told you so's" when it ended!

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:49 am

Thanks so much for sharing your memories, Sandi. It's so nice to have information from people who were actually there, versus speculations.

I'll bet Charlie was a lot of fun to be around. I know he had a zany sense of humor, you can see it with he and Elvis. Also, he seemed like a really nice person.

Did you know Jennifer, his wife?

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:57 am

DutchLA wrote:**I beg to differ with that one -- The first time I met Charlie he was dating a lovely gal that lived in San Bernadino named Kathy. He would spend a weekend at her home, and the next weekend she would spend with him at Elvis' home. He dated her for several years. I think she was the most serious relationship he had for a long time. I could name about a dozen others between LA and Memphis over the years; several of whom I got to know fairly well. There was only one gal I didn't like (no one did) but of course he didn't listen and got the round of "I told you so's" when it ended!

Interesting -- why, then, are there so few photos of Charlie with a romantic female companion?

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:02 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
DutchLA wrote:**I beg to differ with that one -- The first time I met Charlie he was dating a lovely gal that lived in San Bernadino named Kathy. He would spend a weekend at her home, and the next weekend she would spend with him at Elvis' home. He dated her for several years. I think she was the most serious relationship he had for a long time. I could name about a dozen others between LA and Memphis over the years; several of whom I got to know fairly well. There was only one gal I didn't like (no one did) but of course he didn't listen and got the round of "I told you so's" when it ended!

Interesting -- why, then, are there so few photos of Charlie with a romantic female companion?

**I don't know. He had several photos of him with Kathy sitting around when he was dating her and I'm sure the same could be said of Kathy. The gals I know he dated had an abundance of photos and I have more than enough myself...guess everyone just keeps them to themselves cuz really, who would be interested.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:21 am

DutchLA wrote:**I don't know. He had several photos of him with Kathy sitting around when he was dating her and I'm sure the same could be said of Kathy. The gals I know he dated had an abundance of photos and I have more than enough myself...guess everyone just keeps them to themselves cuz really, who would be interested.

Ha-ha. I guess not too many!

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:10 pm

With respect to Charlie Hodge........my understanding, when he died, he left behind a widow...he had been marry for a few year's is what I had read....

Did anyone else read or hear about this as well?

PEP 8)

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:33 pm

PEP wrote:With respect to Charlie Hodge........my understanding, when he died, he left behind a widow...he had been marry for a few year's is what I had read....

Did anyone else read or hear about this as well?

PEP 8)

1.jpg

Here's a photo of Jennifer with Charlie. She received some nasty criticism from fans for selling items of Charlie's on EBay. Jennifer used to post on a Forum a while ago, but was tortured basically by the guy that ran, that's the last I heard of her. I hope she's well.

Jennifers website in memory of Charlie
http://www.charliehodge.net/index.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:02 pm

carolynlm wrote:Sandi, just a quick question....did Elvis ever say to visitors...' OK guys, no photos'....or was he oblivious to them.

Do you mean visitors INSIDE his homes? I never heard Elvis say no photos inside the house; in fact, alot of times he'd ask who had a camera because he'd want to get a photo done with someone or of someone. Now, outside his home - for instance, with the fans at the gate, there were only two reasons why he'd say "no photos'. One was if Lisa was with him, he'd ask for everyone to put their cameras down and not take photos, and once or twice he asked that no photos be taken because his eyes were hurting him and the flash bulbs just aggravated the situation. Other than that - he didn't seem to mind all.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:05 pm

sandiandcharlie.jpg
I've received several requests for me to post a photo of Charlie and moi if I had any ... so I will...and apologies to those not interested since I know this is an Elvis forum. To balance it out, I'll add an Elvis photo! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:07 pm

That was my first attempt at posting more than one photo so glad that worked out. I forgot to add information: The one of Charlie, Alvena, and GG was taken in the back yard of the Ladera Circle house in Palm Springs. Tried to fit all the short people in the photo and consequently GG got his head cut off!

THe one of Cilla and Elvis was also taken at the Ladera Circle house (now known as the Honeymoon House)

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:09 pm

DutchLA wrote:That was my first attempt at posting more than one photo so glad that worked out. I forgot to add information: The one of Charlie, Alvena, and GG was taken in the back yard of the Ladera Circle house in Palm Springs. Tried to fit all the short people in the photo and consequently GG got his head cut off!

THe one of Cilla and Elvis was also taken at the Ladera Circle house (now known as the Honeymoon House)

Cool.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:12 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:
DutchLA wrote:That was my first attempt at posting more than one photo so glad that worked out. I forgot to add information: The one of Charlie, Alvena, and GG was taken in the back yard of the Ladera Circle house in Palm Springs. Tried to fit all the short people in the photo and consequently GG got his head cut off!

Cool.

Ditto! Very, very cool, I might just add!

Damn, I love threads like this!! 8) 8)