In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:54 pm

Barbie wrote:Hi Sandi - thanx SO much for all your fantastic memories of our dear Elvis!!! I only had 2 weekend of opportunities to fly down from Canada to meet Elvis in L.A.(which we did!) in March of '67 and April of '68........he was so very sweet and kind to the fans waiting outside the gates.......very caring and funny.........he asked once why we came down all the way from Canada - we said "to see you Elvis!".........he replied "all that way just to see me!!!!!?" - we told him "yes - because we love you Elvis" and he grinned and kept signing autographs for fans-very accomodating to those fans I must say!!!..............those memories hanging around his homes are so very special ....I suppose it was because he was so real and not on stage and in the spotlight.......and Sandi I have to agree - he WAS so very good looking in person....Ruff!!!!......what picture has possibly captured that magical look?

I wish I could have gone down and stayed in L.A. and been at the gate every nite he was there but one must work and make money.......Unfortunately, I lived 1900 miles away otherwise I would have been there!!!..................You're one lucky lady!!!!

We did go to see Elvis live from '69 to '76 so we were extremely lucky to have done that also!!!!.........(30 shows)

Great memories Sandi!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're very sweet and kind to share your wonderful memories!!!!! Hi to Bud Glass!!



Another lucky lady!

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:46 pm

Barbie wrote:Hi Sandi - thanx SO much for all your fantastic memories of our dear Elvis!!! I only had 2 weekend of opportunities to fly down from Canada to meet Elvis in L.A.(which we did!) in March of '67 and April of '68........he was so very sweet and kind to the fans waiting outside the gates.......very caring and funny.........he asked once why we came down all the way from Canada - we said "to see you Elvis!".........he replied "all that way just to see me!!!!!?" - we told him "yes - because we love you Elvis" and he grinned and kept signing autographs for fans-very accomodating to those fans I must say!!!..............those memories hanging around his homes are so very special ....I suppose it was because he was so real and not on stage and in the spotlight.......and Sandi I have to agree - he WAS so very good looking in person....Ruff!!!!......what picture has possibly captured that magical look?

I wish I could have gone down and stayed in L.A. and been at the gate every nite he was there but one must work and make money.......Unfortunately, I lived 1900 miles away otherwise I would have been there!!!..................You're one lucky lady!!!!

We did go to see Elvis live from '69 to '76 so we were extremely lucky to have done that also!!!!.........(30 shows)

Great memories Sandi!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're very sweet and kind to share your wonderful memories!!!!! Hi to Bud Glass!!


**Well then you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about and if I had one wish, it would be that every fan on earth, could have spent just a few minutes at that gate (or anywhere else) talking with him. He had the quickest wit - a very dry sense of humor - he didn't just stand there and sign things, or pose for photos, he CONNECTED with everyone present! Eye contact, conversation - whatever - but he put everyone at ease immediately. He also had a way of seeking out the timid in the crowd! If there was a fan who stayed in the back or off to the side, he would make it a point to bring them forward, to specifically talk to that person...I have never seen that in any other celebrity and I've met many!

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:11 pm

**Well then you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about and if I had one wish, it would be that every fan on earth, could have spent just a few minutes at that gate (or anywhere else) talking with him. He had the quickest wit - a very dry sense of humor - he didn't just stand there and sign things, or pose for photos, he CONNECTED with everyone present! Eye contact, conversation - whatever - but he put everyone at ease immediately. He also had a way of seeking out the timid in the crowd! If there was a fan who stayed in the back or off to the side, he would make it a point to bring them forward, to specifically talk to that person...I have never seen that in any other celebrity and I've met many!

Fantastic!

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:13 pm

DutchLA wrote:
Barbie wrote:Hi Sandi - thanx SO much for all your fantastic memories of our dear Elvis!!! I only had 2 weekend of opportunities to fly down from Canada to meet Elvis in L.A.(which we did!) in March of '67 and April of '68........he was so very sweet and kind to the fans waiting outside the gates.......very caring and funny.........he asked once why we came down all the way from Canada - we said "to see you Elvis!".........he replied "all that way just to see me!!!!!?" - we told him "yes - because we love you Elvis" and he grinned and kept signing autographs for fans-very accomodating to those fans I must say!!!..............those memories hanging around his homes are so very special ....I suppose it was because he was so real and not on stage and in the spotlight.......and Sandi I have to agree - he WAS so very good looking in person....Ruff!!!!......what picture has possibly captured that magical look?

I wish I could have gone down and stayed in L.A. and been at the gate every nite he was there but one must work and make money.......Unfortunately, I lived 1900 miles away otherwise I would have been there!!!..................You're one lucky lady!!!!

We did go to see Elvis live from '69 to '76 so we were extremely lucky to have done that also!!!!.........(30 shows)

Great memories Sandi!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're very sweet and kind to share your wonderful memories!!!!! Hi to Bud Glass!!


**Well then you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about and if I had one wish, it would be that every fan on earth, could have spent just a few minutes at that gate (or anywhere else) talking with him. He had the quickest wit - a very dry sense of humor - he didn't just stand there and sign things, or pose for photos, he CONNECTED with everyone present! Eye contact, conversation - whatever - but he put everyone at ease immediately. He also had a way of seeking out the timid in the crowd! If there was a fan who stayed in the back or off to the side, he would make it a point to bring them forward, to specifically talk to that person...I have never seen that in any other celebrity and I've met many!


I would guess that it was easy for him to spot the outlier in the crowd, since he was that same person, not long before.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:49 pm

Liverbobs wrote:Can we make this a sticky?

I vote for a section -- Sandi's Corner. If she's OK with the idea...

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:59 pm

That is a great idea DrJohnCarpenter ::rocks :smt006

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:02 pm

riley wrote:That is a great idea DrJohnCarpenter ::rocks :smt006

This is what I do!

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:43 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Liverbobs wrote:Can we make this a sticky?

I vote for a section -- Sandi's Corner. If she's OK with the idea...


Hey Doc, Dont spoil the surprise! We are working on that very same idea with Sandi.
Here´s the prototype page, wich I tought to be called...Sandi´s Corner,,, ! :smt006

http://www.elvisbrasil.com.br/epbrasil/sandiscorner.htm

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:40 pm

Sandi, thanks for your continued input here.

It's nice to have a foxy lady giving detailed, insider info on Elvis Aaron Presley.

Life is rarely sweeter than this.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:48 pm

Dan_T wrote:Hi Sandi,fantastic memories,almost like being there !

I listened to the interview that Joe posted,he asked if you ever dated Elvis,you said no,but did you say that you wouldn't have wanted to either ? if so,why would that be ? just curious.

Thanks,

Dan.


Oh that's simple -- first of all he never asked!!! But if he had, the reason I would have said no is because the girlfriends came and the girlfriends went!!! The friends, on the other hand, stayed, year after year and were welcome at all locations. Girlfriends were not--you were either an LA girl, a Memphis girl, a Palm Springs girl, an out of state girl....but anyway you look at it - after a while, they never returned.

Also - with one exception, being a friend had all the perks being a girlfriend had and in some cases, maybe more, depending on how you look at it.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:49 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Liverbobs wrote:Can we make this a sticky?

I vote for a section -- Sandi's Corner. If she's OK with the idea...



You all are gonna get sick of hearing from me is all I can say! I hope not, but I'm just saying.......

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:04 am

Sergio Luiz wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Liverbobs wrote:Can we make this a sticky?

I vote for a section -- Sandi's Corner. If she's OK with the idea...


Hey Doc, Dont spoil the surprise! We are working on that very same idea with Sandi.
Here´s the prototype page, wich I tought to be called...Sandi´s Corner,,, ! :smt006

http://www.elvisbrasil.com.br/epbrasil/sandiscorner.htm


Now that's something to look forward to. Nice work Sandi and Sergio.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:18 am

What a fantastic topic...And ThankYouVeryMuch Sandi, for sharing your fantastic stories. In between the lines I can see you must be a sincere and honest person. Thanks for sharing,and keep on sharing :D :D

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:56 am

Sergio Luiz wrote:Here´s the prototype page, wich I tought to be called...Sandi´s Corner,,, ! :smt006

http://www.elvisbrasil.com.br/epbrasil/sandiscorner.htm

Hey, you stole my idea for FECC!

;-)

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:07 am

Excellent reasoning and explanation Sandi VERY interested to read this -thanks!. 8)

DutchLA wrote:
Dan_T wrote:Hi Sandi,fantastic memories,almost like being there !

I listened to the interview that Joe posted,he asked if you ever dated Elvis,you said no,but did you say that you wouldn't have wanted to either ? if so,why would that be ? just curious.

Thanks,

Dan.


Oh that's simple -- first of all he never asked!!! But if he had, the reason I would have said no is because the girlfriends came and the girlfriends went!!! The friends, on the other hand, stayed, year after year and were welcome at all locations. Girlfriends were not--you were either an LA girl, a Memphis girl, a Palm Springs girl, an out of state girl....but anyway you look at it - after a while, they never returned.

Also - with one exception, being a friend had all the perks being a girlfriend had and in some cases, maybe more, depending on how you look at it.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:55 am

DutchLA wrote:**Well then you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about and if I had one wish, it would be that every fan on earth, could have spent just a few minutes at that gate (or anywhere else) talking with him. He had the quickest wit - a very dry sense of humor - he didn't just stand there and sign things, or pose for photos, he CONNECTED with everyone present! Eye contact, conversation - whatever - but he put everyone at ease immediately. He also had a way of seeking out the timid in the crowd! If there was a fan who stayed in the back or off to the side, he would make it a point to bring them forward, to specifically talk to that person...I have never seen that in any other celebrity and I've met many!


Yes!

GREAT stuff!

I was just thinking about what you said re: eye contact.

He displays extraordinary eye contact in this "after party" footage from TTWII SE:

phpBB [video]



For someone who may have had an inherent shyness around strangers, he sure had a way with people.

I guess that's why we're all here!

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:51 am

And he was very good-looking.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:23 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:And he was very good-looking.


He was? :wink:

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:25 am

More beautiful in person........very difficult to believe, but Sandi and Barbie aren't the only ones that have made this statement.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:27 am

Just like me!

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:09 pm

Refreshing to hear some of the good things about Elvis, I love the little tid bits especially about Elvis picking the shyest looking person out of a group of fans and paying them some attention, and also the fact that Elvis actually blushed when someone told him he was "Drop dead gorgeous" just goes to show what a decent, genuine person he was.

Agree with the Doc that we should have a little corner just for Sandi! these stories are for sharing.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:51 pm

Sandi, the Mike Stone story comes to mind. The "Mike Stone must die" episode happened right after the show where the Peruvian guys jumped on the stage. One interpretation is that Elvis thought Mike sent these people to mess with him. Some other folks say that Mike had suggested to Priscilla that it might be a good idea if Elvis was kept awy from Lisa for awhile, for whatever reason.

None of this justifies taking out a contract on another man's life, but it does provide some context to his bizarre behavior.[/quote]

**Just saw this -- but good points. Other partial stories I can think of (but don't ask me which books they came from because I normally don't read any of the books but catch things as other people post excerpts) So, wasn't there a story about him throwing a pool cue at someone? Did they say why? Anyway, I hope so even though it didn't make it right I think I might have been inclined to get a little ticked off myself! . Also there was someone who said Elvis thought he could move clouds or objects or something ... those are two that come to my mind this morning.
Where's my coffee-that could help!

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:09 pm

the little stories of eye witnesses are the best. Often too small to be remembered in books but sooooo important and often funny and hearthwarming. Looking forward too many many of those Sandi. I think we will never have enough of those. In some way you bring him a bit closer to those who never were fortunate enough to have seen him in real life.

Wow I envy you for that, even 5 seconds would have been enough. Can't imagine talking to him, seeing him upclose........ :smt007

What a lucky lucky lady you were to get to know him as a friend. To be able to step in his houses , to visit him.

Do you ever still dream of him or of you going back in time and then he suddenly is there again, right in front of you........??????

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:42 pm

DutchLA wrote:Sandi, the Mike Stone story comes to mind. The "Mike Stone must die" episode happened right after the show where the Peruvian guys jumped on the stage. One interpretation is that Elvis thought Mike sent these people to mess with him. Some other folks say that Mike had suggested to Priscilla that it might be a good idea if Elvis was kept awy from Lisa for awhile, for whatever reason.

None of this justifies taking out a contract on another man's life, but it does provide some context to his bizarre behavior.


**Just saw this -- but good points. Other partial stories I can think of (but don't ask me which books they came from because I normally don't read any of the books but catch things as other people post excerpts) So, wasn't there a story about him throwing a pool cue at someone? Did they say why? Anyway, I hope so even though it didn't make it right I think I might have been inclined to get a little ticked off myself! . Also there was someone who said Elvis thought he could move clouds or objects or something ... those are two that come to my mind this morning.
Where's my coffee-that could help![/quote]

The timing of the Mike Stone incident is huge, given what happened on stage that night. By no means am I excusing the contract, but given his mental state of mind, (going through a divorce and the normal hurt feelings and anger that go with it) I can understand why he did what he did. Fact remains, when the final call had to be made, he thankfully backed off!

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:19 am

Joe Car wrote:
DutchLA wrote:Sandi, the Mike Stone story comes to mind. The "Mike Stone must die" episode happened right after the show where the Peruvian guys jumped on the stage. One interpretation is that Elvis thought Mike sent these people to mess with him. Some other folks say that Mike had suggested to Priscilla that it might be a good idea if Elvis was kept awy from Lisa for awhile, for whatever reason.

None of this justifies taking out a contract on another man's life, but it does provide some context to his bizarre behavior.


**Just saw this -- but good points. Other partial stories I can think of (but don't ask me which books they came from because I normally don't read any of the books but catch things as other people post excerpts) So, wasn't there a story about him throwing a pool cue at someone? Did they say why? Anyway, I hope so even though it didn't make it right I think I might have been inclined to get a little ticked off myself! . Also there was someone who said Elvis thought he could move clouds or objects or something ... those are two that come to my mind this morning.
Where's my coffee-that could help!


The timing of the Mike Stone incident is huge, given what happened on stage that night. By no means am I excusing the contract, but given his mental state of mind, (going through a divorce and the normal hurt feelings and anger that go with it) I can understand why he did what he did. Fact remains, when the final call had to be made, he thankfully backed off![/quote]

The "pool cue" incident was first reported in the West book,"Elvis What Happened".It has since been verified by Marty and others.Apparently,in 1963,one evening at his home(in Calif.,I think) Elvis and Sonny were playing pool,and a young lady who had been a regular visiter came in and asked to be driven home.Elvis was,for whatever reason,not in the best of moods,and the two had some heated words,at the end of which she called him a "sonofabitch".
Elvis apparently always,took exception to that epithet,as it in his mind reffered to his mother,and at that point hurled the pool stick at her,striking her in the breast.
The other point about Elvis claiming who could move the clouds was also in the above book.