vic colonna

In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Moderators: Moderator1, Moderator2

Re: vic colonna

Postby drjohncarpenter » Mon May 16, 2011 4:09 am

JimmyCool wrote:I really want to know! :roll:

And I wanna know
Baby I wanna know right now
And-a I wanna know
And I wanna know right now yeah
And-a I wanna know
Said I wanna know yeah
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!
drjohncarpenter

Postby Good Time Charlie » Mon May 16, 2011 4:54 am

I Gotta Know, Gotta Know, Gotta Know!
"You go to school, I'm going out to make a buck"
Good Time Charlie

Postby Mike Windgren » Wed May 25, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

[quote="viccolonna@gmail.com"]although i am bound to secrecy. there is an elvis album coming out that will rock your world, folks. i'm not trying to be a tease, and it may be two or three years away. but it will get done and it will contain stuff more exciting than anything paul and i ever released. i promise. i'm waiting just like you. i have been given one song in advance, and what a treat..

When the news about this came out by Vic Colonna, I thought it would be released by the bootlegers, but now everybody is taking it as an official release by Sony :?.

I am almost sure that the material is something that was lost and has been recovered, so I think it is the February 1st 1958 lost recording for My Wish Came True (Remake) 8). Bye for now :smt006.
Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Mike Windgren

Postby Sun Hero » Fri May 27, 2011 6:42 pm

There always have been rumors about existing material, non existing songs etc.....I understand that. But what I don't understand is that we're waiting for years now for his book to be released.....now these rumors.
With all these bootleggers outthere (and I believe Vic still has his connections!!) it should not be too hard to release a book or a cd.....
....I get carried away very easily...emotional sonovabitch.....
Sun Hero

Postby Good Time Charlie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:08 am

Good Time Charlie

Postby JimmyCool » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:50 am

Good Time Charlie wrote:...

+1 :x
Elvis, Rey del Rock - Official Elvis Presley Fan Club in Chile:

"I'm Just A Red-Blooded Boy And I Can't Stop Thinkin' About Girls! Girls! Girls!"
JimmyCool

Postby Good Time Charlie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:30 pm

Any more info!
Good Time Charlie

Postby viccolonna@gmail.com » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:18 am

Merry Christmas all you Elvis fans,

yes, i wrote the story about how paul dowling and i made those 23 bootlegs many of you have heard and enjoyed either back then or in later years as much of the material came out on cd. i'd like to think our efforts were the impetus for what was previously considered non-salable material being ultimately made available to the fans.

thanks to lots of assistance from a few friends, notably dr. john carpenter (whose vast store of minutiae tidied up a few dozen factual errors) and glen johnson, and of course paul, the story turned out rather well and those who have read it enjoyed it.

i rewrote, with a huge assist from glen, to make the story more appealing to the masses (the first draft was more fact-loaded and a casual fan might have been overwhelmed with detail) the story and have only made a half-hearted effort to get it published. hopefully it will be next year. but, i feel guilty for making everyone who looked forward to a good read and have seen two plus years go by without anything happening.

it's christmas. i hope a few of you would still like to read about those years. if you would, just send me an email (viccolonna@gmail.com) and i will send you the first draft as a word attachment.

and a happy new year to you all.

best, vic
what could have been work was fun thanks to the fans
viccolonna@gmail.com

Topic author

Postby G.I. Blues » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:55 pm

Any news regarding the spectacular album? Any new rumors? Silent hints?
G.I. Blues

Postby Good Time Charlie » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:22 pm

Good Time Charlie

Postby drjohncarpenter » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:57 am

G.I. Blues wrote:Any news regarding the spectacular album? Any new rumors? Silent hints?

It is very likely the said release has been cancelled. At least part of it was officially issued last year, though.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!
drjohncarpenter

Postby Good Time Charlie » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:49 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
G.I. Blues wrote:Any news regarding the spectacular album? Any new rumors? Silent hints?

It is very likely the said release has been cancelled. At least part of it was officially issued last year, though.

I think I know what you are alluding to Doc. Do you know why the said material is no longer being released? It seems criminal for this not be out there for us fans.
Good Time Charlie

Postby Mike C » Mon May 07, 2012 11:58 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Was it the 1956 Louisiana Hayride final show? Or the March 18, 1974 muiltrack mixdown? Any more hints?
"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher
Mike C

Postby viccolonna@gmail.com » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:57 am

Good Time Charlie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

I think I know what you are alluding to Doc. Do you know why the said material is no longer being released? It seems criminal for this not be out there for us fans.

for some reason it is tied up over some legal wrangle. probably wind up buried like the cleveland film and the vancouver show which have suffered the same fate. and wasn't there something about a local tv show down south with some furniture store sponsor that had a film of elvis doing spirituals? and, of course, the golden gate tape that we know exists. and the color, yes color, film of elvis on the hayride that is minus the mag reels that contain the sound. a bunch of those shows but a big zero unless you want to watch young elvis move his lips and hips and wonder what he's singing and what it sounds like. but we wound up getting 99% of what never would have come out had not the gatekeepers finally realized there was a market for the material.
what could have been work was fun thanks to the fans
viccolonna@gmail.com

Topic author

Postby JimmyCool » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:40 am

viccolonna@gmail.com wrote:for some reason it is tied up over some legal wrangle. probably wind up buried like the cleveland film and the vancouver show which have suffered the same fate. and wasn't there something about a local tv show down south with some furniture store sponsor that had a film of elvis doing spirituals? and, of course, the golden gate tape that we know exists. and the color, yes color, film of elvis on the hayride that is minus the mag reels that contain the sound. a bunch of those shows but a big zero unless you want to watch young elvis move his lips and hips and wonder what he's singing and what it sounds like. but we wound up getting 99% of what never would have come out had not the gatekeepers finally realized there was a market for the material.

They can always add matching (studio or live) sound to the known songs... :(
Elvis, Rey del Rock - Official Elvis Presley Fan Club in Chile:

"I'm Just A Red-Blooded Boy And I Can't Stop Thinkin' About Girls! Girls! Girls!"
JimmyCool

Previous

Return to The Jungle Room