Elvis Presley's Lonely Hearts Club Band?? (No, not exactly)

Alternate cover art done by fans

Moderators: Moderator1, Moderator2

Elvis Presley's Lonely Hearts Club Band?? (No, not exactly)

Postby KingKreole » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:35 am

....More Photoshop layers than ever before!!! lol (These are lower resolution than I have it at)

I've been talking to Retro-Audio (who I think does AMAZING work) about my idea for a very 60's kind of Elvis album. Songs like Edge of Reality, Let Yourself Go... the Viva Elvis mix of Bossa Nova Baby. ....even "Cotton Candy Land" could be psychedelic, the lyrics have much in common with "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds". If edited and mixed correctly "Everybody Come Aboard" might make a good short opening to the album, much like "Sgt Pepper" opened. "Sand Castles" has a very "Puff The Magic Dragon" feel as well. I think Elvis's work in the 60s does not get enough credit. Some of the songs on "Harum Scarum" are as weird and eclectic as some of the Beatles most exotic experiments. The song "Wonderful World" sounds like a Disney movie in a very surreal way.

I prefer Elvis to the Beatles easily, but I loved the Beatles Love cd that came out with the Circe de Soleil show and it still bothers me that they did such a terrible job on Viva Elvis (with few exceptions). My idea would be to really take that approach and create an Elvis album that could be Abbey Road or Pink Floyd. Something really immersive.. a concept album. I think the 60's might have been Elvis's richest period, but the songs need to be taken out of the context of those movies and imagine if someone like George Martin had been producing.

It's the kind of thing a lot of Elvis fans would have no interest in because they are purists. I can understand that. This is just a weird little fantasy project of mine.
The cover took me many many days and hours! And I still need to change some things. The Sun label needs a title for the album--which I have not come up with yet.
But I just thought I would preview it here and see what anyone thought of the idea. Go easy on me! ;-) even if you hate the album idea, you gotta admit that album cover come out cool
KingKreole

Re: Elvis Presley's Lonely Hearts Club Band?? (No, not exac

Postby JimmyCool » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:34 pm

I like it! :D
The picture and the concept.
This should be on the "All Elvis" section.
Elvis, Rey del Rock - Official Elvis Presley Fan Club in Chile:

"I'm Just A Red-Blooded Boy And I Can't Stop Thinkin' About Girls! Girls! Girls!"
JimmyCool

Postby iffypresley » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:44 pm

i do photo shop now and then...god theres is alot of layers lol....looks brilliant...must have took u ages..top pic of many faces of elvis...i love the sun drum as well... :smt002
iffypresley

Postby karlos » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:28 am

Lov This King Kreole -Ty 4 sharing this - Yu Roc buddy - ::rocks
karlos

Postby intheghetto » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:34 am

Great idea and great illustration! Really amazing!
intheghetto

Postby dennyelvis » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:30 pm

Great look and cool concept, i would def support the concept ............
"Some people tap their feet, some people snap their fingers, and some people sway back and forth. I just sorta do ‘em all together, I guess."

dennyelvis

Postby retroaudio » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:06 pm

KingKreole wrote:Image
....More Photoshop layers than ever before!!! lol (These are lower resolution than I have it at)

I've been talking to Retro-Audio (who I think does AMAZING work) about my idea for a very 60's kind of Elvis album. Songs like Edge of Reality, Let Yourself Go... the Viva Elvis mix of Bossa Nova Baby. ....even "Cotton Candy Land" could be psychedelic, the lyrics have much in common with "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds". If edited and mixed correctly "Everybody Come Aboard" might make a good short opening to the album, much like "Sgt Pepper" opened. "Sand Castles" has a very "Puff The Magic Dragon" feel as well. I think Elvis's work in the 60s does not get enough credit. Some of the songs on "Harum Scarum" are as weird and eclectic as some of the Beatles most exotic experiments. The song "Wonderful World" sounds like a Disney movie in a very surreal way.

I prefer Elvis to the Beatles easily, but I loved the Beatles Love cd that came out with the Circe de Soleil show and it still bothers me that they did such a terrible job on Viva Elvis (with few exceptions). My idea would be to really take that approach and create an Elvis album that could be Abbey Road or Pink Floyd. Something really immersive.. a concept album. I think the 60's might have been Elvis's richest period, but the songs need to be taken out of the context of those movies and imagine if someone like George Martin had been producing.

It's the kind of thing a lot of Elvis fans would have no interest in because they are purists. I can understand that. This is just a weird little fantasy project of mine.
The cover took me many many days and hours! And I still need to change some things. The Sun label needs a title for the album--which I have not come up with yet.
But I just thought I would preview it here and see what anyone thought of the idea. Go easy on me! ;-) even if you hate the album idea, you gotta admit that album cover come out cool

Wow, this is a pièce of art(work) i'm very curious About the devinitive tracklist, great work, love the idea behind it.
Retro-Audio, How Sound Should Be IMO
retroaudio

Postby retroaudio » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:10 pm

JimmyCool wrote:I like it! :D
The picture and the concept.
This should be on the "All Elvis" section.

I agree totally
Retro-Audio, How Sound Should Be IMO
retroaudio

Postby pingpong » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:11 pm

that artwork is a lot of boring cutting out and as you say many hours but it looks great. well done.
pingpong

Postby EPA4368 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Awesome concept! Thank you for sharing!

Outstanding artwork!

Few ideas for your consideration... remove Elvis' headstone (leave flowers/cards) and remove F&J Elvis (behind drum).

Regarding track list... don't care for remixing but did like ALLC (JXL) and Bossa Nova Baby (Viva). I'd suggest selecting one of his finest live performances from the 70's.

Also agree with others... this should be on the "All Elvis" section.

::rocks

“Better a small fish than an empty dish”
EPA4368

Postby Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:32 pm

I thought of the Pepper album, and knocked this up:

PRIVATE PRESLEY GOES ON WITH THE SHOW

1 Nothingville
2 Have A Happy
3 Cotton Candy Land
4 It's A Wonderful World
5 Let Yourself Go
6 Sand Castles
7 Little Egypt
8 Wisdom of The Ages
9 Your Time hasn't Come Yet Baby
10 Clean Up Your Own Backyard
11 A Little Less Conversation
12 Everybody come Aboard
13 Edge of Reality

Hell this works for me! Played this playlist this morning, looked at your groovy cover and thought - hell yeah!

Do get rid of the grave pic though.

Thanks for the concept.
TELL IT LIKE IT IS, SON!!! Excusez-moi monsieur ?
Image Image
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man

Postby Jove » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:23 pm

Great artwork!
just a few comments. There are two from Harum Scarum. Maybe you could have the iconic Jailhouse Rock pic and the army haircut pic.

Scratch me now a little lower
Jove

Return to Elvis Alternate Cover Art