Alternate cover art done by fans

Elvis On Tour Album

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:36 am

I wish the only RCA Victor album release of 1972 would have looked something like this:

Front:

Elvis on Tour.jpg

Back:

Elvis on Tour Back.jpg

Gatefold:

Elvis on Tour Gatefold.jpg

This is truly the album that should have been. As much as I love MSG, I think this would have been a more appropriate release to go with the movie. Disc 1 features the Hollywood Studio Masters as well as four Vegas tracks; and Disc 2 features a full concert assembled from the four shows filmed for the movie.

On the back cover, there are ads for the 1971 releases (not including the Christmas/Religious album), Elvis Country and the other release that should have been.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Austin on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Elvis On Tour Album

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:06 am

fantastic job........exelent

Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:06 am

That looks awesome.

Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:18 pm

Nice covers.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:45 pm

Nice work...nice concept. For me the February 1972 Vegas recordings are the definitive versions of those songs, and yet they were lost to us for years due to RCA deciding to issue the MSG album.

Of course the Hollywood studio recordings never got the album release they deserved either, with the best cuts being thrown away on budget albums. I love the idea of a composite show from the April 1972 tour too.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:52 am

that's very cool. keep going.
steve

Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:55 am

Thanks for the nice comments, guys!

The Elvis on Tour project was probably the biggest screw-up management ever did, and deserves proper treatment no matter how long it takes.

steve rogers wrote:that's very cool. keep going.
steve

Since you mentioned it, very soon I am going to post other small projects I've been working on.

I'll give you a small preview of what I was working on tonight:

LLR Back.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:44 am

Nicely done,Austin

Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:10 pm

Looks great!

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:48 am

Here are some more custom covers I have.

The first one is for what should have been the album of the latter half of 1971. George Smith created this album and gave it the name Exodus.

Long Lonesome Road 2.jpg

I like how Elvis is pointing to the RCA logo, much like Paul McCartney is pointing to the Capitol Records logo on the US version of Help!

LLR Back.jpg

Another member, Good Time Charlie, suggested the name Long Lonesome Road for the album, and that's the title I use.

In the same post, Good Time Charlie also talks about combining the best tracks from The Wonderful World of Christmas and He Touched Me into one album, and gave it the title, The Sounds of Christmas.

Sounds of Christmas 2.jpg

Pretty original, huh? :wink:

The remaining five tracks from He Touched Me, plus the remaining unused gospel tracks from other recent projects, could have made up a 9-track Camden album for Easter release in 1972, titled Only Believe.

Only Believe 4.jpg

Only Believe Back.jpg

continued on next post...
Last edited by Austin on Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:53 am

Recently, Poormadpeter suggested that Love Letters From Elvis would have been better as a Camden album, so here it is (tracks are not in that order):

Love Letters Camden 2.jpg

And finally, Gold Records, Vol. 5 should have been released instead of the Fool album, so I styled it to look like the actual 1973 album:

Gold Vol 5-4.jpg

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:40 am

you'd be working at RCA
we would have the most beautiful covers

Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:53 am

Here are the back covers for Love Letters and Gold Records, Vol. 5 albums, which were not finished yesterday. Although, I'm not very satisfied with how the Gold Records cover turned out. I may end up doing that one over. EDIT: And I did, eventually. Minor changes; looks better overall. Also made minor changes to Love Letters.

Love Letters Camden Back 2.jpg

Gold Records Vol 5 back 2.jpg
Last edited by Austin on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:37 pm

Nice job on : on tour, I changed it a little bit, Just an idea

Elvis on Tour-front.jpg

Elvis on Tour Back.jpg

Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:59 pm

Very, very nice!

I think I'll change my Side 1, 2, ect. font to match yours.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:27 pm

Nice work!

Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:55 am

Wonder who was actually in charge of the releases in the 1970s? this would have been great.Could someone do the composite april concert to see what it would have sounded like if it was released do in wav if anybody wants to take time to do it.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:20 am

ritchie valens wrote:Wonder who was actually in charge of the releases in the 1970s? this would have been great.Could someone do the composite april concert to see what it would have sounded like if it was released do in wav if anybody wants to take time to do it.

I actually have done that using the bootlegs that have been released so far, but it does not sound extremely great.

I did not use any of the San Antonio tracks, but the remaining 3 concerts sound very different from each other. Richmond is by far the best quality and mix. The other two sound pretty bad, but in different ways. Hampton sounds very muffled and Greensboro sounds too tinny.

Hopefully, if the rumors are true, we will be getting an upgrade soon and then we can get down to business. I refuse to believe the three missing songs from Hampton are gone forever, as well as most of Lawdy Miss Clawdy from Richmond.

This was the song selection I used:

Hampton Roads
See See Rider
Polk Salad Annie
A Big Hunk O' Love
How Great Thou Art
Sweet Sweet Spirit
An American Trilogy
Lawdy Miss Clawdy

Richmond
2001 Theme
Proud Mary
Never Been To Spain
You Gave Me a Mountain
Love Me
All Shook Up
Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
Heartbreak Hotel
Hound Dog
Love Me Tender
I Can't Stop Loving You
Suspicious Minds
Band Introductions
Funny How Time Slips Away
Can't Help Falling in Love

Greensboro
Until It's Time For You To Go
Bridge Over Troubled Water

If some better sources are released (including the missing songs) I would probably use Never Been to Spain from Hampton, Funny How Time Slips Away from Greensboro, and Heartbreak Hotel from San Antonio.