Alternate cover art done by fans

Elvislennon's Showcase

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:52 am

For some time now I have designed DVD covers. I wanted to make a thread that shows some of my work. I have taken the ideas from posters, magazine ads, VHS, and DVD covers. Some are combination of them and some are a re-designed of the original DVD cover. Here are some of my work: For 68 Deluxe Edition and Aloha Edition, these was made to fit into a normal DVD case.

68 Comeback Special Deluxe Edition:

68 Comeback Special (Complete VHS Version):

68 Comeback Special (Beta Tape Version) (Work In Progess):

Aloha From Hawaii Deluxe Edition:

Aloha From Hawaii (Complete VHS Version) (Work In Progress):

Aloha From Hawaii (Beta Tape Version) (Work In Progress):

Alternate Aloha:

Elvis In Concert 1997:

Elvis The 30th Anniversary Concert:

Elvis Presley's Graceland:

Elvis The Movie:

Elvis and Me (Work In Progress):

Loving You (Work In Progress):

Jailhouse Rock (B/W):

Jailhouse Rock Colorized Version:

Double Trouble (Work In Progress):

Charro (Work In Progress):

Charro (Work In Progress):

Elvis: That's The Way It Is (Work In Progress):

Elvis: That's The Way It Is (Commemorative Collection) (Work In Progress):

Elvis On Tour (Work In Progress):

Love Me Tender Colorized Version:

That's The Way It Is Memphis Edition:

This Is Elvis (Home Video Version):

Touched By Love:

It's A Wonderful Life Colorized (Work In Progress):

The Compleat Beatles:

John Lennon Imagine:

John Lennon Live In New York City:

No Holds Barred - The Movie/The Match (Work In Progress):

Summerslam 88:

Now, if you wonder how do you get any of these covers? Any covers that doesn't say Work In Progress is available only through me. I posted Elvis Presley's Graceland on here before so that I call a freebie. But the rest, the way to get them is by providing scan of VHS covers. A complete scan of three sides front, side, and back and you will get a cover of your choice. Complete VHS scan cover for one of my DVD cover. That is all I ask. That way I can continue making covers. What am I looking for you ask?

The other Elvis related movies - like Elvis and Me, Elvis Meets Nixon and so forth. I am needing them all. So if you have and need one of these for your DVDs send them on.

Elvis movies - any cover except the ones you see. I am looking for mostly of the MGM covers like the Jailhouse Rock and the That's The Way It Is (with Elvis' name in white). Looking for those series as my top priority but I take any of them. The Commemorative Collection series I would like as well. The cover to convert as a DVD is a bitch but I like a challenge as you can see by my convert of the That's The Way It is. The only other VHS cover I have of that series is The Lost Performances so I don't need that one. The rest I do.

I do need a better front of Touched By Love so I can make my DVD cover look exactly like the VHS cover. The front of mine is faded. The front on the DVD cover is from the poster. That is only one I will send a DVD cover for just the front part of a VHS cover.

You may ask why I would I want to get a VHS of a Elvis movie that is already on DVD? Well, the answer is simple. Only a couple are available in Full Screen. So these will be for the Full Screen editions of the movies, unless you want to use them for the widescreen as well. The covers will work for both.

Or if you have a cover you have that you would like to have it converted to a DVD, let me know what it is and if I am able to do it, I will. Thank you.

P.S. Scans must be high quality and not low quality.
Last edited by elvislennon on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

Re: Elvislennon's Showcase

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:42 pm

Excellent work, its always great to find high quality covers for these hard to find projects .......

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:51 pm

Great job. Just one little thing. You misspelt 'Compleat Beatles'. It should read 'Complete Beatles'. Otherwise, perfection. :smt023

Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:04 am

hm80ep wrote:Great job. Just one little thing. You misspelt 'Compleat Beatles'. It should read 'Complete Beatles'. Otherwise, perfection. :smt023

I didn't mis-spell it......That is the name of the movie and it spells just the way to see it. When you see it spell like complete then that is mis-spell.....lol. Also, that is how it was spelled on the VHS Cover. Not my handy work.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:30 pm

elvislennon wrote:
hm80ep wrote:Great job. Just one little thing. You misspelt 'Compleat Beatles'. It should read 'Complete Beatles'. Otherwise, perfection. :smt023

I didn't mis-spell it......That is the name of the movie and it spells just the way to see it. When you see it spell like complete then that is mis-spell.....lol. Also, that is how it was spelled on the VHS Cover. Not my handy work.

Oops. You're right. Sorry. :oops:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:07 am

hm80ep wrote:
elvislennon wrote:

Oops. You're right. Sorry. :oops:

Your forgiven....no problems. It was the thought that counts. You made an error, its no biggie......A common mistake is all.