Alternate cover art done by fans

The Alternate Singles Collection

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:09 pm

Just made these for fun really...REALLY enjoyed making them for my site. Hopefully some will enjoy them. We all have our own thoughts on Cd cover and Single/LP covers...these are just some of a collection that i plan to add many more to in the coming weeks....

Re: The Alternate Singles Collection

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Wow. Those are top notch. When those 2 box sets of singles came out (the no.1's in 2005 and the hits set in 2007), I often wished they would do a third set of 'new' singles with 'new picture sleeves. For example;
Good time Charlie's got the blues c/w Bridge over troubled water
So close, yet so far c/w What every woman lives for.

These are just examples, but I think this would make a better collectable set for the fans than the 2 sets that were released. Plus the public may get to hear some 'different' songs as each one charts.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:36 pm

Thanks Tony. Yeah, that is an idea that has crossed my mind a few times too. SIngles that should have been released. I often think that too many of Elvis' singles were released as double A sides and some classy tracks appeared as B sides.

Songs like It Hurts Me & Any Day Now (for example) deserved to be A sides in there own right. Will make a few alternate singles with "new" A sides just as you suggested. Should be cool to play around with ::rocks

Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:26 am

oh goodie goodie goodie! :smt007

Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:21 pm

burroughs wrote:oh goodie goodie goodie! :smt007

Thanks ! ::rocks

I think :lol:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi, Mr. Rider. Do you actually make up physical copies of these beautiful sleeves?

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:22 am

TONY wrote:Hi, Mr. Rider. Do you actually make up physical copies of these beautiful sleeves?

Yes i do...i design them at full size, but usually turn them into single CD card sleeves, similar to these which you can download from my site:

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:47 pm

Now my eyes are really boggling!! :smt007

Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:34 pm

GREAT WORK!

"Thank you" for sharing!

Elvis’ Golden/Gold Records series is one of my favorites. I thought RCA did a great job with the three Touch Of Gold EP's and the first four LP releases. I didn’t like the artwork used on the Vol. 5 album. I heard that RCA was going to use a photo from the Roustabout sessions with a Platinum record behind Elvis for Vol. 5.

Can I ask a favor? How would you have design Vol. 5?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:09 am

Thanks...pleased that they are enjoyed.

mmmm....nice project..will see what i can come up with ::rocks

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:12 pm

Great job! Those mockups are spectacular.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:15 am

elvisrecords.us wrote:Great job! Those mockups are spectacular.

Thank you...pleased they are enjoyed :D

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:50 pm

Some of these are great....but couldnt DL any of them from your site.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:25 pm

KingElvis wrote:Some of these are great....but couldnt DL any of them from your site.

They aren't all available yet...The Aloha ones are...on the home page. The rest will follow, in time. :D

Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:40 pm

NightRider wrote:
KingElvis wrote:Some of these are great....but couldnt DL any of them from your site.

They aren't all available yet...The Aloha ones are...on the home page. The rest will follow, in time. :D

ok,please post here when they are available for DL :smt006

Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:34 am

KingElvis wrote:
NightRider wrote:

ok,please post here when they are available for DL :smt006

Will do ::rocks

Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:03 am

REAL eye candy! Fantastic.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:38 am

beautifullllllllll!

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:02 am

You are the best my friend!!
Last edited by Mitch on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:30 pm

Thanks for the kind compliments...they are much appreciated :D

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:05 am

Chris

A big thankyou for updating your site, love the new outlay. and ty ty for the Jackson cut em down to size covers gonna look good in my collection as will Opening night, black Angels, etc. Keep up the good work

Best Regards

Chris

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:00 pm

xmascarrol wrote:Chris

A big thankyou for updating your site, love the new outlay. and ty ty for the Jackson cut em down to size covers gonna look good in my collection as will Opening night, black Angels, etc. Keep up the good work

Best Regards

Chris

Pleased you like the new look of the site. More updates planned real soon. ::rocks

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Hello Night Rider, I LOVE your artwork on your site. Beautiful pictures and I think that FTD MUST ask you to do anything. Wouldn't that be great.......if you look at the latest Live In LA FTD release, then i have to cry...what an amateur who made that awful cover.

Keep up the good work and I hope that the complete ep masters covers are for download soon :)