Alternate cover art done by fans

Making DVD Covers

Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:22 pm

So I am trying to make my own covers for some dvds but I am wanting to save them as jpeg or gifs. What programs do you guys use to make covers?

Re: Making DVD Covers

Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:54 pm

Photoshop is pretty good and there are plenty of free tutorials online.

Re: Making DVD Covers

Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:48 pm

You just need 2 programs: Photoshop and Indesign. Photoshop for adjusting, rework, editing ect. pictures. And than Indesign for text and layout. The text in Indesign is much better than in photoshop, and with both software you can save your work in JPG or GIF..but don't save your hard work as a GIF file...cause of the quality loss, go for the high resolution JPG or TIFF. And f you work with Indesigndon't forget to save your (all) your pictures in the same folder as your (IDD) indesign file, cause the pictures are links to the original indesign file, in other word...if you open your indesign file on a other pc your pictures will not show! if you don't have the pics in the same folder.
You can download the whole (trial version) ADOBE CS3 Package at: http://www.adobe.com
It's probably the best design software package today. I use it for private use and also work with it every day on my job/work. The complete package: INDESIGN - PHOTOSHOP - ILLUSTRATOR - DREAMWEAVER - FLASH CS3. Every thing to create your designs is there...but it's also a bit expensive..the package goes around for 800-1250 euros...