Alternate cover art done by fans

Elvis 68 dvd WIP

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:51 pm

Heres a cover I was working on a while back though havent got around to completion, I cannot describe how much I dislike the official artwork on the otherwise excellent Aloha and 68 releases on dvd. Opinions and ideas from the experts welcome..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis 68 dvd WIP

Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:16 pm

i think its great...would be nice to see some red accent somewhere on the front...maybe under ELVIS put 68 comeback in red font?

Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:24 pm

Thanks for the reply TCB, yes a dash of red may be the ticket, I was toying with the idea of having 'ELVIS' in brushed metalic gold, going for that sunk in look but when I 'burned' in the initial depth I quite liked the look.

Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:48 am

The idea of using black leather is VERY good. but I also think you should've used at least one another color, but certainly not gold. Red is the best choice that comes to mind given the show costumes and decorations.
Perhaps using something like a red glass effect (style if you do this in Photoshop) on the word Elvis could be cool.
But the black leather idea rocks Eddie

Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:38 pm

Needs colour..............................

Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:52 am

Hi

I don't have my glass styles on this computer so I couldn't do what exactly intended but here's just a rough messy suggestion. I only did one letter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:20 pm

Thanks for the input fellas, Im a little unsure of the red though I dont suppose it has to be just one colour, I did want some little details on the corners which makes me think gold lettering, Im thinking of not mentioning 68 Comeback, just the name as was the original title, perhaps even Singer Presents..

Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:22 pm

I played around with your great concept, and this is what i came up with, love to see your full version!

Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:35 pm

Eddie - your original design is GREAT!

Patrick - This is a keeper for me! GREAT stuff.

Thanks both of you.