Alternate cover art done by fans

what software do you guys use to make your dvd cover's

Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:51 am

hi ,

i have been wnating to make some covers for some of my dvd's that have cover's i do not like and would like to make a better one and i was wondering what software you guys use as alot of teh cover's here look better than original . thanks :wink:

Re: what software do you guys use to make your dvd cover's

Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:15 am

elviscollector101 wrote:hi ,

i have been wnating to make some covers for some of my dvd's that have cover's i do not like and would like to make a better one and i was wondering what software you guys use as alot of teh cover's here look better than original . thanks :wink:

Adobe Photoshop is fantastic for covers work and other photo stuff. I use CS2 but there is a newer CS3 out now.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:34 pm

photoshop , with a DVD label ,Cover Template.. just load in the template then insert any pics u like! simple

Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:17 pm

Elvis_Priestly wrote:there is a newer CS3 out now.

Which I'm gettin' pretty soon. Russian pirates already released it

dvd covers

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:47 am

Nero Express works good also.

Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:05 pm

CS2 or CS3 will do very well.
I use Photoshop to do the Photographic parts and al the other designing i will do in Indesign.
SO when you get your pix ok in Photoshop, you can place them in indesign, put all elements in and put your text in.

Than when you export it, you should make a PDF file of it, as the text will be sharp as can be.

When you export to jpeg or another photographic format, it will pixel all of your image including your text. Especially for small text, thats not to good.

Nicolaas

Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:14 am

CD Labelmaker 2.0 is what I use. All I have to do is load cover as background and it size it up for you so all you have to do is print. Then cut it out and finish. :P

Takes about 2 minutes at most to load, print, cut and put into DVD case.