Alternate cover art done by fans

Unchained Melody (alt cover design)

Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:23 pm

Here's an alternate cd artwork design for the FTD cd Unchained Melody.
Hope you enjoy it.

Image[/img]

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:37 pm

Nice cover, I like it I imagne him singing HURT in the front cover 8)

Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:51 am

Thank you Elvisa...you can download it at http://www.tcb-world.com/ , along with many other fine covers.

Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:32 pm

Thank you Bigg Boss Mann, but even that I like your cover it`s a little difficult to replace on the FTD. Offcause you could put the cd in a juvelcase and use the cover, but are people doing that :?:
I`ve had the thought that the cd`s are actually better protected in a juvelcase rather than in digipack, but I`ve never done anything about it maybe I should do it in this case :!:

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:54 am

Personally Elvisa, I prefer the digipack over the jewel case, becasue (at least to me), they are easier to store, plus you don't have to worry about cracking or breaking the case.

Either way, I just love what's inside - the music! :D

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:39 pm

BIG BOSS MAN, I agree the music are the reason to buy cd`s, but a nice cover and a great booklet must go with it I think.

All my cd`s are like a treasure to me and I must say that for most part I like the FTD covers just like they are, but I put the digipack covers in small plastic bags to protect them as I think they can never be replaced if something should happen to them. A juvel case can be replaced if it should break.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:18 am

Yeah, it's true that a nice cover design can really ad to a cd release.

One thing that I wish FTD and other music companies would do is go out and seek "fan feedback" on the artwork, and also maybe allow fans and those who create alternate cd artwork (ex: Unchained Designs, Today Designs, Spinout Designs and Jeanno Designs) the opportunity to develop an artwork design for a release.

But again, the music is what people want more than anything. As long as it's good, then I'll buy it :D
Last edited by Big Boss Man on Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Piano

Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:16 pm

It'd be nice to see a picture of Elvis on the piano sining "Unchained Melody" than a picture of him singing "hurt"
How's that for an idea?

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:31 pm

Big boss Man's works are usually a lot better

Re: Piano

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:37 pm

elvis3577 wrote:It'd be nice to see a picture of Elvis on the piano sining "Unchained Melody" than a picture of him singing "hurt"
How's that for an idea?

Yeah, I agree it would certainly ad more realism to the concept for sure. Only problem was I didn't have a photo of him at the piano from this show :cry: , so I decided to use one of him hitting a "high note" so to speak.

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:32 pm

Like I said before, this cover looks outstanding Steve.

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:13 am

Thank you kindly Brad.....it was fun putting it together for you all :D

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:24 am

Narek wrote:Big boss Man's works are usually a lot better

Comments deleted by the administrator. ( It would had been best to ignore this post instead of posting a comment like that )

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:51 am

Narek wrote:Big boss Man's works are usually a lot better

Are you kidding me. This IS a great piece of work :roll:

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:46 am

Looking great, 'Boss'....

I don't mind the original FTD cover actually but you gotta love the TCB site - one of my faves...

Keep up the great works, folks.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:27 am

Thank you very much Greg..very kind of you.

I don't put together alternate covers very much, mainly because there's so many good / pro artists out there that create better work then me :D

Happy that you enjoyed it though. :)

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:36 pm

thanx so much Big Bossman=
great cover .- nice work achieved by you ./

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:46 pm

This IS a great piece of work. :smt041 :smt041
Thank you for posting.