Alternate cover art done by fans

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Elvis2000
Registered for: 8 years

Stateline Sahara 1974 FTD

Post by Elvis2000 »

SS1974.jpg

I found it quite odd that they used a shot from a tour show in October was used to represent shows from May and in Tahoe, so I changed that, I also changed the outline pictures of the hotel to more interesting shots of the hotel to add a little more variety and colour to the front cover. I also remade the "Elvis" and "Sahara" lettering too using original advertisements from the time.

EA_046_CMYK_lg.jpeg
ELVIS SS.png
Sahara SS.png

74americaneagle2.JPG

I've always liked this shot of Elvis and I've always wanted to use it in some way without cropping in and keeping a full shot of Elvis intact but Ronnie's drum set being cut off made it damn near impossible to create a clean way to hide it.

Layer 6 copy.jpg

This is where AI steps in, Adobe's AI in Photoshop works wonders if utilised correctly, many might dislike AI used to alter pictures especially when it affects Elvis in some way and it makes things look worse, but if used in areas where he isn't affected then I think it should be used carefully and moderately.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

On Tape 1972
Registered for: 1 year 11 months

Re: Stateline Sahara 1974 FTD

Post by On Tape 1972 »

Elvis2000 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:26 pm

I found it quite odd that they used a shot from a tour show in October was used to represent shows from May and in Tahoe, so I changed that, I also changed the outline pictures of the hotel to more interesting shots of the hotel to add a little more variety and colour to the front cover. I also remade the "Elvis" and "Sahara" lettering too using original advertisements from the time.

I've always liked this shot of Elvis and I've always wanted to use it in some way without cropping in and keeping a full shot of Elvis intact but Ronnie's drum set being cut off made it damn near impossible to create a clean way to hide it.

This is where AI steps in, Adobe's AI in Photoshop works wonders if utilised correctly, many might dislike AI used to alter pictures especially when it affects Elvis in some way and it makes things look worse, but if used in areas where he isn't affected then I think it should be used carefully and moderately.
Excellent post. Excellent work.

Topic author
Elvis2000

Post by Elvis2000 »

Thank You very much.

On Tape 1972
Registered for: 1 year 11 months

Post by On Tape 1972 »

I fully agree with your assertion on AI. And the results speak for themselves here. Incredible.

vinelvis
Registered for: 10 years 1 month

Post by vinelvis »

This is just amazing elvis2000. Maybe your best cover I've seen.

How exactly did you use ai for the drums? Did you just ask "make the drums more complete"?

Topic author
Elvis2000

Post by Elvis2000 »

vinelvis wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:44 am
This is just amazing elvis2000. Maybe your best cover I've seen.

How exactly did you use ai for the drums? Did you just ask "make the drums more complete"?
Thank you very much.

I didn't write anything, I left it to figure it out on it's own and cycled through the different results to find the best one, AI ain't it something.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

It looks really good.

Hey, since Roger Semon is retiring, maybe you can send a resume to FTD about art design.

:wink:

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

RickGreekElvis
Registered for: 3 years 9 months

Post by RickGreekElvis »

Excellent work. I love this!