Review: July 24 1975 - Asheville. One of elvis longest show from 1975. Running for Nearly 1 hour and 20 Minutes. Written while Listening by Johnny.Also Sprach Zarathustra/That's Allright Mama
- This is the first rarety, Elvis opening with That's Allright Mama, which hasnt been sung as opening number since 1972!. Elvis seems to be in a good mood, and while it's not like the 1970/1971/1972 version, it's good!. Elvis voice is good, the pacing is good. It's real fun to hear him open with his ''First'' Song. At the last ''Dee-dee-dee-dee'' Ronnies drums come in greatly!. I Got A Woman/Amen
- I Got A Woman begins with a false start, then elvis does some ''Welling'' and starts again. The pace isn't rushed, and elvis seems to be enjoying himself. Altough he forgets some lyrics. The crowd however is goin nuts. while the song progresses elvis is getting better!. Amen is like most versions, altough this version runs for nearly 2 minutes! Before elvis does his ''shakey leg'' thing. Ofcoarse the JD Divebomb's are included. Twice!. And the crowd goes nuts!.
Elvis thanks the audience and calls out for Big Boss Man
- Elvis does a great version of this song, As far as i remember this song hasnt been sung since atleast April. Usually elvis would do love me after i got a woman. But this is a nice suprise!. Elvis is in great voice and sings a great version!. Funny note as he sings ''You got me working boss man'' he makes a woman's sound! After the song ends elvis says ''U want this ring huh, well you never know it's a 16.000 dollar ring that's all , the guitar no way!. This is an highlight!Love Me
- An okay version, elvis sings most of the lyrics, and makes some effort. It's an enjoyable version. in a womans voice he jokes a bit ''You smile, You Smile!''. while the song progresses elvis starts to get more funnier. But ends the song greatly!.If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
- Without introducing the song, elvis gives a great version of the song, a song i always enjoyed and must be one of my favourites, elvis delivers a great version here in asheville!. altough other versions are more commited, i still enjoy it. elvis makes some jokes in the beginning but as the song progresses it gets better. All Shook Up
- An okay version, A trowaway yes. But i guess fine for the time.Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
- Also an okay version, Teddy bear is performed at a slower pace then usually. Elvis is in a good voice altough this is nothing like the 1972 versions of it. But it's enjoyable! during the break of ''Don't Be Cruel'' elvis says ''I'm out of scarfes!''.Hound Dog
- Starts of strong, it's an okay version, elvis makes a bit of effort here. Elvis sings it longer before the break appears. after the song elvis says ''It seems like your in a good mood, and were off to a good start.. shut up! elvis jokes. then he repeats the first sentence. and notes ''I don't know if they asked for requests tonight, lets see, we got a whole bunch of songs!. Please do American Trilogy for nancy, here it's for you nancy honey''.An American Trilogy
- Starts of good elvis makes a little joke ''In dixielandd.. Disneyland no dixieland!'' before the stamps solo part. instead of singing ''In dixieland, where i was born'' elvis sings ''In dixieland, where they were born''. Elvis gives a good version. however he does seem a bit distracted ''But all their trials, my trials, everybody's trials!'' I never liked the Trumpet solo, i prefer the flute. Elvis does note Hotdamn right before he takes the song down, It ends great!.Heartbreak Hotel
- Another request!, elvis says ''Gimmie the box charlie lets get it goin!'' before diving in to the song. Again elvis makes a few jokes but does for the most part a good version!. it's one of those songs elvis can never do wrong. he re-peats the ending because he said it was to slowJailhouse Rock
- Another request, It begins great, but sadley elvis forgets the lyrics, and says ''I don't have the lyrics to it'' However the band cooks and elvis seems to be really enjoying it. If only it was sung more solid.Something
- Again elvis takes a request, I always enjoyed this version, the song hadn't been done since aloha from hawaii, and i can hear it wasn't rehearsed, however elvis does a beautiful version, in many ways better then aloha. Altough he forgot the lyrics of ''Your asking me will our love grow'' however elvis seems to recover immidiatly, and is great for the rest of the song. Another rarity, and a highlight (Atleast for me)Return To Sender
- Oh lord i hope i remember, elvis says before starting the request! and what an enjoyable version this is! beside it from being a rarity, Elvis voice is great and his singing is solid. Gotta love this version! Highlight!. Besides the tiny jokes this is a great version! not having been performed since ''Girls Girls Girls!''. Wooden Heart
- Another request, elvis does a good version of this to i love how he changes the lyrics to ''Now i can walk with you, i don't have a wooden heart''. Elvis obviously forget a few of the lyrics, but once again for most of this song he sings sollidly, and it's an highlight and a rarity!.Hawaiian Wedding Song
- After getting requests to do hound dog again, and suspicious minds, elvis chooses to sing the hawaiian wedding song. Beautiful version and for the time a rarety in my opinion, elvis didn't do this song to often in 1975. The song gets a reprise. Elvis does some high notes here, which i think is great!.Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Always loved this song, and also most of the versions done. Elvis voice is great,
It kind of reminds me of the ''On Tour'' Version from 1972. The pacing is great. This is a real solid version!.Polk Salad Annie
- Really a great version!. it cooks. Elvis is in great voice. the crowd goes nuts!.Introductions & Solo's
- After doing 17 songs, we get to the introductions. I won't go much into these as we know much of those introductions by now. The Solo's are great. Johnny be goode runs for longer as James gets to do his Guitar break, however elvis doesn't sing much of it. School day is kind of the same, not much singing included. T-R-O-U-B-L-E
- After the introductions are done, elvis gets back to performing, He performs a great version of one of his most recent songs. The crowd goes nuts near the ending, Probably because of elvis Gyrations. Good version!. This has an extended ending!. Shake A Hand
- Another one of his most recent songs, Elvis says he has a new album out and introduces the song. This is a great live version. Elvis would do this song a few times during the last week of touring.
then it would dissapear again for a while, Elvis performed this atleast once in 1976, in Atlanta.
It doesn't beat the studio version, but it's still a very enjoyable version. altough elvis forgets some words.
Before doing his next song elvis introduces his father Vernon Pieces Of My Life
- Now here comes another rarity, Elvis does this beautiful song with full commitment, It's sad to know that elvis would only perform it once in concert and that's right here.. The fans who where there got lucky!. Great version, and the number 1 highlight of this show!. How Great Thou Art
- Beautiful live version, almost every live version of this song was done well by elvis. The song gets a reprise. This is one of the best versions out there!. Can't Help Falling In Love/Closing Vamp
- After singing 22 songs, and 1 hour and 15 minutes later. Elvis brings the show to an end with this blue hawaii classic. It's a good version and elvis sings most of the lyrics. I really like this show for the great setlist, and for most of the show elvis is in great voice, in a great mood, and i bet the fans didn't go home dissapointed!.
From a scale from 1 to 10 i'd give this show an 8. Altough elvis is in a great mood and in great voice, and has a killer setlist, some songs get spoiled by joking. Ofcoarse i don't really mind this i always loved the humour elvis brought. But thats just from a fan's point of view. however i'd recommened this show to anybody!. It's been released under the Straight Arrow label simply called ''Pieces Of My Life''!.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Johnny2523 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.