THE KING IN MOTION - LAST VEGAS

Here you can post your review!!
Or direct your thoughts towards facts & details of Elvis' Records/Films/Magazines & Trivia

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
A. C. van Kuijk
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

THE KING IN MOTION - LAST VEGAS

Post by A. C. van Kuijk »

At the end of December 2013 VENUS PRODUCTIONS launched their new series. It is named THE KING IN MOTION and is a book/DVD Combo. The first volume is called LAST VEGAS and contains -who guessed it- material from the final Vegas season of the King.

The book contains 456 pages, the quality of the print and the paper is very good. Besides countless pictures the book also includes the set lists of all shows including the names of the jumpsuits Elvis wore. Of course VENUS did not forget to mention their previous products, but they also reveal that the second volume of THE KING IN MOTION will be called WAHOO FROM OMAHA. I don't know any details, but I guess it deals with the concert of 1974. The pictures in the book are in chronological order, most of them look very good. Unfortunately this does not apply to the King himself. On many pictures his eyes look swollen and he does not give the Impression of a fit an healty man.

The DVD starts with a funny intro, in which the King travels to Vegas. The producers used 8mm footage and added a computer-animated Lisa-Marie Jet. The digital effects will not win any prizes, but at least it's unexpected and entertaining. The main part of the DVD is fan-filmed clips of the dinner shows of 03 December (45:56 minutes) and 04 December (39:53 minutes). Both clips are well known, but not many fans may have seen them in such a great quality. As a bonus there is another 1:21 minutes of the closing show and 15:47 minutes of the performance of 05 December 1975.

To me THE KING IN MOTION - LAST VEGAS is a well produced compilation of the available material (in motion and still) from this season and should be a real winner for all fans of the King's concert years!

:mrgreen:

Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Re: THE KING IN MOTION - LAST VEGAS

Post by Johnny2523 »

awesome review! any chance u could give us a snap shot of the footage and the book? :D

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

Tony..
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Tony.. »

Thanks for the review, but you don't state wether the footage is any better quality (or worse?) than the previous (EWJ) release of this material; THAT is the main selling point for me and many others.

Topic author
A. C. van Kuijk
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by A. C. van Kuijk »

I wrote that not many fans may have seen this footage in such a great quality. That means, it's better than what was available before. :idea:

YDKM
Registered for: 21 years

Post by YDKM »

Thanks for your thoughts/comments on this release!~ :D

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

G.I. Blues
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by G.I. Blues »

Screenshots, YouTube? Anyone?

I notice that it's very quite regarding this release and I'm wondering why. Some of you should already have it available.

Daddy has left the Wohnzimmer!
Thank You and Good Night!

roustabout2014
Registered for: 9 years 11 months

Post by roustabout2014 »

The DVD doesnt seem any improvement to me. infact the DVD is very poorly put together and is actually made using Windows DVD maker.

books good but 450 pages of Elvis on one stage not looking particularly healthy and with no commentary is a bit of a work through expeience.