Review for A Boy From Tupelo

Here you can post your review!!
Or direct your thoughts towards facts & details of Elvis' Records/Films/Magazines & Trivia

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Sergio Luiz
Registered for: 21 years 1 month

Review for A Boy From Tupelo

Post by Sergio Luiz »

I wrote this review for Elvis Still Active In Norway website. I hope you enjoy read it.

http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/aboyfromtupelo.html

karlos
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Re: Review for A Boy From Tupelo

Post by karlos »

Ty Sergio - I Lov It - ::rocks

drghanem
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 20 years 7 months

Post by drghanem »

The set arrived to my place from Ken at Flaming Star Norway this last Friday. It´s an amazingly detailed publication, one only Ernst Jorgensen could actually produce, it´s down to his expertise and knack for quality and never giving up. Also co-worker and fellow Dane on the set Brian Petersens work has to be appraised. i once met him at work while I was in service, super terrific guys these 2 danes. I talked to and thanked Jorgensen for all his work on an annual Elvis-convention i Denmark some 11 years ago, thanks Henrik Knudsen for bringing in McDowell and Scotty Moore. I filmed it and return to it every so often! Back to Sun-book. The sound is amazing once you have signaled it through an analogue processor, like all digital medias. The reciordings have never ever sounded this good on CD, I believe only the original 78´s and 45´s can match the master sound! Credits due to Vic Anesini, Kevan Budd and Sebastian Jeansson. If you only buy one book this year, act fast and buy this! From a time when music evoluted.
My only complaint would be some printing of photos, comes out somewhat lowgrade on some shots.
Love it, salivate it! But act fast so you won´t be disappointed when sold out!

"I´m limp as a rag, worn out when a show´s over". Elvis in Tacoma, fall 1957.
Long, Lonely Highway, by Ger Rijff (Tutti Frutti productions, 1985)

James27
Registered for: 21 years 1 month

Post by James27 »

I agree, it is really a collector's item. It's impossible to give enough praise towards this package. On the whole, I treasure my FTD collection immensely and this is the cherry on the cake.

Joe Krein interview with Sherril Nielsen: "YOU KNOW YOU FORGET HOW GOOD HE REALLY WAS. I SAID MY GOODNESS. YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE WITH HIM YOU ARE SO WRAPPED UP DOING THE SHOW, BUT HERE NOW 20 YEARS LATER, I HEAR HIM AND REALIZE WHAT A GREAT TALENT HE WAS. HE WAS THE REAL DEAL.