'68 Special Deluxe edition DVD

Here you can post your review!!
Or direct your thoughts towards facts & details of Elvis' Records/Films/Magazines & Trivia

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
showfan
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

'68 Special Deluxe edition DVD

Post by showfan »

I've had this DVD for about a year and a half now. It has both sit down and stand up shows and other items taped for the show. I really like the package. The reason it's on my mind now is that I had never bothered to watch the original broadcast disk until last night. I had it on VHS since the 80s and had seen it a million times, so I was just interested in the new footage. After watching, I was surprised at what was originally aired, or rather, what didn't air, that was different from my VHS. There was no "Don't Be Cruel," "Tiger Man," or "That's All Right Mama." I always enjoyed the dialogue prior to and the performance of "That's All Right Mama." It's also interesting in the original that he says, "I'd like to do my favorite Christmas song of all the one's I've recorded," then he goes into "Blue Christmas." On the actual sit down show, however, he sings "Santa Claus Is Back In Town" after that statement.

Beastinme
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Re: '68 Special Deluxe edition DVD

Post by Beastinme »

It's amazing what they can do with a little editing, isn't it. Binder simply took the intro from one song and substituted it for another.

ColinB
Registered for: 21 years

Post by ColinB »

Beastinme wrote:It's amazing what they can do with a little editing, isn't it.
Binder simply took the intro from one song and substituted it for another.
A little prudent editing is OK.......... but to make Elvis' comments about one song appear to be made about a different one is going a bit far !

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

elvisa
Registered for: 17 years

Post by elvisa »

The christmas song statement, edditing sure was a tacky thing to do....they althered with the truth :oops: would be nice to know what Elvis himself thought about it back then.
After that, maybe Elvis even started to believe that it really wasBlue christmas he liked the best, because as we all know by now, it actually was exately that song he performed live on quite a few concerts over the years......., But it sure would have been nice to also have had "Santa claus is back in town" on a number of concerts....but that never happened as far as I know.(I don`t count in the 70 rehearsal)

" Elvis music is how feelings sound like "

archdeak

Post by archdeak »

Wow !! His favorite Christmas song that he didn't know the words to ???

Do you think Blue Christmas was his favorite song ? I really don't think so.

I bet you neither of the songs were. He was looking for something to say at that moment and probably the band were ready for Blue Chritmas as agreed in the dressing room rehersals. But, Elvis' sense of humour may have cut in and surprised them when he launched into Santa Claus Is Back In Town.

Who knows? I don't.

moffringa
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Post by moffringa »

If one does a review one expects some pictures and a overall review with the good and bad points.
This sounds more like an personal opinion one wnat to share,that is not review.

Review writing for dummies.

Mitch

Post by Mitch »

moffringa wrote:If one does a review one expects some pictures and a overall review with the good and bad points.
This sounds more like an personal opinion one wnat to share,that is not review.

Review writing for dummies.
Wow, how rude! :wink: