Forum Suggestion

Here you can post your review!!
Or direct your thoughts towards facts & details of Elvis' Records/Films/Magazines & Trivia

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Gregory Nolan Jr.
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Forum Suggestion

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

Thanks, IMET. It's do-able and I still hope the moderators will rise to the occasion. I would volunteer to help pull up the threads and pull this together.

Again, there's nothing wrong with polls but they clearly dilute this section. Look at all those fantastic reviews I pulled up by Likethebike - these are reviews!

There's no reason we can have a bunch of sticky threads (even by pulling up the representative recent threads on import titles like "TALK OF THE TOWN" or FTD's like "I'll Remember You." It's a great resource but it's crushed by the disorganiation and so-called "freedom."

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Matthew wrote:Instead a sub-forum to the main review forum that focuses purely on original albums would satisfy this need of yours without clogging up this section with dozens of sticky threads.
How are those new polls coming Dreambear?

Gregory Nolan Jr.

Don't give up yet: I'm "calling out" Pep and Jordan to answer our plea.

To me, the onus is on those who would actually try to defend the existing non-organization, which from Little Darlin' comments seem to be based on some kind of "I don't like change" rationale.

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Mood:

Post by fecc-mechanic »

Greg,
Phase one shall begin soon. Which will be the easiest.. Moving all the "Polls" into their own sub-category of the review section.

All the best from Mempihs
Jordan

ImageImage

fa-boltfa-boltPlease send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.comfa-boltfa-bolt

Make sure to visit my friends at the EAP society! It's a movement! For all generations of fans! And it's worth supporting!!!

Little Darlin
Registered for: 17 years
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Don't give up yet: I'm "calling out" Pep and Jordan to answer our plea.

To me, the onus is on those who would actually try to defend the existing non-organization, which from Little Darlin' comments seem to be based on some kind of "I don't like change" rationale.
I wondered why my ears were burning :lol:

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Mood:

Post by fecc-mechanic »

Phase one kind of impulsively turned into sorting out all the posts in the appropriate sub-forums. All Posts with no definite place to go shall stay in the "Main" review section here.
Now that the posts are moved -- Is the "Sticky Post" suggestion still popular for the "Official" and maybe the "Film/DVD" section? Or more realistically for the "Official" albums, a section all by itself with all the released albums from elvis' lifetime with stickies - and possible reference links to other posts??
Just thinking aloud.

Jordan

ImageImage

fa-boltfa-boltPlease send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.comfa-boltfa-bolt

Make sure to visit my friends at the EAP society! It's a movement! For all generations of fans! And it's worth supporting!!!

dreambear
Registered for: 19 years

Post by dreambear »

Nice! I like the new sections on this site. Good work!

Regards Björn

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Mood:

Post by fecc-mechanic »

fecc-mechanic wrote: Is the "Sticky Post" suggestion still popular for the "Official" and maybe the "Film/DVD" section? Or more realistically for the "Official" albums, a section all by itself with all the released albums from elvis' lifetime with stickies - and possible reference links to other posts??
Just thinking aloud.
Anyone? ANYONE? I need your input!!! :D

Jordan

ImageImage

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

fecc-mechanic wrote:
fecc-mechanic wrote: Is the "Sticky Post" suggestion still popular for the "Official" and maybe the "Film/DVD" section? Or more realistically for the "Official" albums, a section all by itself with all the released albums from elvis' lifetime with stickies - and possible reference links to other posts??
Just thinking aloud.
Sounds good !

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Justin

Post by Justin »

fecc-mechanic wrote:
Just thinking aloud.
Yes I would think that all the official albums must be stickied in chrnological order...preferably all of them aligned with the same subject title:

1976 - "From Elvis Presley Blvd" LP - Reviews and Info
1977 - "Moody Blue" LP - Reviews and Info

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Mood:

Post by fecc-mechanic »

IMETJB wrote:
fecc-mechanic wrote:
Just thinking aloud.
Yes I would think that all the official albums must be stickied in chrnological order...preferably all of them aligned with the same subject title:

Thanks Colin and IMETJB for the input.
I'm working on just that at the moment. Though, I'm looking for a better solution than just "Stickies" because even though they will at first keep the topics in order, any future topics/additions would throw the chrono order off bigtime.
Thanks, again!

Jordan

ImageImage

Justin

Post by Justin »

fecc-mechanic wrote: because even though they will at first keep the topics in order, any future topics/additions would throw the chrono order off bigtime. !
oooohh. Yeah that might cause a bit of a mess, definitely. Hope you find a solution to that. Your work on this is definitely appreciated....thank YOU!

Gregory Nolan Jr.

IMETJB wrote:
fecc-mechanic wrote:
Just thinking aloud.

So far, so good, Jordan and good point, IMET'.

I have to think a bit about what is best in terms of your question but for now, I also join in thanking you for this welcome over-haul.

For a forum by name and definition dedicated to the hobby of being an Elvis CD collector (and by extension, being a nut about his music specifically instead of so many other related Elvis life-style subjects: his jumpsuits, his girlfriends, his drug usage) your efforts are "bringing it back" (as it were) to the point of the board.

Done correctly, it will restore FECC's mission to be a great guide to the huge output of import and official Elvis releases as well as a place for like-minded Elvis fans to compare notes and opinions on the same. It need not be any less fun or freewheeling, but will reduce clutter and might make it as essential as "real world" publications like "Elvis The Man and the Music" - which benefit from the wonders of an editor as well as a sense of permanence.

Instead, the free-for-all tends to be akin to a bulletin board crammed with paper notes, each covering up the other. Your efforts go a long way towards making great threads from even years ago stand out and shine for anyone consulting that subject.

::rocks

P.S.

As an aside , Jordy, what gives with the Google and Yahoo "bots" listed as currently being "on-line" as "registered members" or some such?

It gives me the willies...! Get 'em out of here!

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Mood:

Post by fecc-mechanic »

Thanks for the kind words GN Jr :)

Oh, the "google" and "yahoo" bots. (and about 100 others, but they don't visit as often) are watching you!!
Nah.. It's just a little something to show that they are "Crawling" the site - adding content to each of the respected search engines. Can't really get rid of them, I'm sorry to say!

Jordan

ImageImage

Francesc

Post by Francesc »

fecc-mechanic wrote:Thanks for the kind words GN Jr :)

Oh, the "google" and "yahoo" bots. (and about 100 others, but they don't visit as often) are watching you!!
Nah.. It's just a little something to show that they are "Crawling" the site - adding content to each of the respected search engines. Can't really get rid of them, I'm sorry to say!

Isnt the robots.txt for that or a meta tag?

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Mood:

Post by fecc-mechanic »

Francesc wrote:

Isnt the robots.txt for that or a meta tag?
Correct, the robots.txt is the general permissions file for the bots. I should have also made it clear with the "Can't get rid of them" comment, that we DON'T want to get rid of the bots. Even though they can be a bit creepy at times (haha Greg).

Jordan

ImageImage

Gregory Nolan Jr.

I was sort of kidding but they are a bit creepy. Maybe I am a 'bot myself ("Ahahahahahhahahaa...!")

After all, you've never seen me and Graceland Gardener on at the same time, have you? Kidding, kidding...!

In all seriousness, some time ago I did notice that if I did a search on either google or yahoo on a certain Elvis topic, to my surprise it would delve pretty deeply into the FECC forum to find a similar topic.

For a time, I don't think this was happening at all. It did a long time ago and then stopped for a time. It's actually one of the ways I discovered FECC...