No poll for Burning Love or Separate Ways?

Here you can post your review!!
Or direct your thoughts towards facts & details of Elvis' Records/Films/Magazines & Trivia

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
dreambear
Registered for: 19 years

Re: No poll for Burning Love or Separate Ways?

Post by dreambear »

I´m sorry mate, but we discussed this a while ago. Of those 20 tracks, 18 of them have been on polls by me before. I think I will do some polls of the "lost tracks" after "Elvis in concert".

Hope it´s good enough.

Regards Björn

PS: I do have a soft spot for "Burning love & hits from his movies vol .2", as I heard that album as a child. But volume one is a weak collection indeed.

//Björn

Topic author
dreambear

Post by dreambear »

Lonely Summer wrote:I used to have "Elvis sings hits from his movies volume 1" on a cassette, loaned it to a friend somewhere along the way, and I can't say I've ever missed it. The cover was better than the album itself.
Aahh! Cassette! That good old format. I had the following albums on Cassette as a child:

For LP fans only
Almost in love (English cover)
Burning love & hits from his movies
Flaming star
From Elvis Presley Boulevard Memphis Tennessee (The running order was a bit different. Solitaire and The last farewell had changed places.)

//Björn

Topic author
dreambear

Post by dreambear »

I forgot two:

You reminded me of "Our memories of Elvis vol 1" plus "I got lucky".

//Björn

bajo
Registered for: 21 years

Post by bajo »

I bought all the Camden LP's up until and including Separate Ways. Only to get those 70's singles on LP. After that the only Camden album I picked up was the UK/EU outting U S Male which had a bland of everything US Camden. From then on it went downhill!
The concept of the Camden releases were actually good up until and including I Got Lucky. Great covers too. But then.......
Still, I have the albums and they're nice to pick out and watch in between. Those were different times.
I'd rather see some action around those two lovely World Wide Hits Award boxes. Can one really believe they were all in mono, in the 70's?

"If you love me let me know, if you don't, ....move it!"